• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do your parents like Cricket?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can you ask that person to slap Manjrekar on behalf of some of us? :p /s

My uncle once took a picture with him during the BG Test in 2004 in Chennai, where he was one of the commentators. He was far more tolerable as a commentator back then.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Manjrekar has absolutely no qualities for a likeable individual.One wonders what makes the concerned people employ this insufferable prick..

A few years back, heard him talk about how his upbringing was good, lol whatever.

Vashir

Cricket Spectator
My dad especiall, all my friends do also :D:D they actually brought me into it and I now love it more than them:laugh:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Manjrekar has absolutely no qualities for a likeable individual.One wonders what makes the concerned people employ this insufferable prick..

A few years back, heard him talk about how his upbringing was good, lol whatever.
Is it bad to have a good upbringing?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he actually wrote about having a rather sad childhood as his dad was not very good to him, inspite of being one of the greatest ever crickteters from India. We dunno how true it all is but the guy is an attention seeking hotrod, so maybe it was at least somewhat true.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Is it bad to have a good upbringing?
I don't think he had good upbringing at all.
One of the noticeable traits of good upbringing is to give and take respect. He has been sorely lacking those. Have a look at the way he treated Harsha Bhogle during the commentary stint last month which created a controversy.

His dad passed away when he was a teenager. Probably that did not help.

andmark

International Captain
The father and I spend the summer watching village cricket. So yeah, he's quite a fan as is the mother when it's on.