• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want to see Dean Jones commentate again?

Do you want to see Dean Jones commentate again?

• Total voters

Loots

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
No, but because I always thought that he was a pretty bad commentator anyway.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Loots said:
No, but because I always thought that he was a pretty bad commentator anyway.
I found his byplay with Greg Matthews in the SBS studio for the Ashes entertaining. They are both ordinary analysts but let them at it head to head, especially in regards to debatable umpiring decisions, and it's great tv :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but he wasn't commentating, they were just ****ing around ;)

I don't mind Jones' commentary, but there are many better, and if he was to never commentate again I don't think he'd be missed.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a guy who was wronged by Australian Cricket and sent out of International Cricket despite being one of the best ODI and Test batsman in the world because the Coach and his rival for Captaincy of the Australian Team (Mark Taylor) did not want him in the Team.

I hope TV Networks do not wrong this guy again , for a trivial error .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would like to hear Dean Jones commentate again, the man made a mistake and should be allowed to continue with his job.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
No, not because of this comment, but because he's a terrible commentator.

arjunmiglani

Cricket Spectator
Yes, because...
a) everyone makes mistakes, as has been said before
b) yes, he's not a great commentator, but how many great ones are there? At least he sounds enthusiastic, unlike some of them ( Bob Willis comes to mind.)

arjunmiglani

Cricket Spectator
I don't mean that he called him a terrorist by mistake, but that he said something stupid, which we've all done , some of us more than once.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There's not an option for my opinion which is basically "nice to see a bloke able to earn his corn again, but I'm fairly indifferent as I consider him a fairly indifferent commentator".

Matt79

Global Moderator
I voted 'no' because I find him an irritating commentator - despite how much I loved him as a player.

That said, "I just want justice" has gone into my vocab! :)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
arjunmiglani said:
Yes, because...
a) everyone makes mistakes, as has been said before
b) yes, he's not a great commentator, but how many great ones are there? At least he sounds enthusiastic, unlike some of them ( Bob Willis comes to mind.)
I like Bob Willis. He isn't nearly as boring as some people portray him to be, he can be amusing at times too, and he does know what he's talking about.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Dean jones is a decent commentator. He's better than all the other biased english commentators like ian botham. IMO Jones was quite gd.....but i dont really mind if he doesnt *** back