• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think white supremacists and Nazis are evil?

Are white supremacists/Nazis evil?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've heard that if neo nazis and white supremacists look directly at the upcoming total solar eclipse it will give them special powers. They should all definitely do it.

Spark

Global Moderator
I did ask my Grandma about the struggles for Independence and it was friggin depressing. In lieu of the british members here, I wont go into more details, but fair to say, you dont get very fond of people who do that to your grandparents and their friends.
I have stories about similar things wrt my mother. She's still very positive about America, though she really, really, really does not like China or Japan.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
We seem to have moved on from the original topic a bit. I had a moment to see past the anger and think of all the skinheads and racists I've dealt with over the last 20 years. There aren't many skinheads around here but they sure do leave an impression on you. Having thought about them a bit though, I could never say they were inherently evil. Most of these people were just generally angry at the world for one reason or another.

One of the skinheads I encountered, Tom, actually became good friends with me for a while. We worked together for a couple of years, went to concerts, hung out together, and he'd tell me a lot of what he was dealing with in his life. Divorced parents, father worked all the time and never saw him, mother couldn't care less about the children, and his siblings were fleeting relationships. The more I got to know him, the more I realized his family situation had broken him, though he'd never admit it. We'd talk on and off but I mostly started to steer clear of him once he continually would go off about black people and Mexicans, which in retrospect coincided with him going through a string of bad relationships.

Apparently at some point he started having an on and off fling with heroin which eventually cost him his life. Only a couple of his stoner friends showed up at his funeral.

No real moral to the story, but in my experience being a skinhead or Nazi sympathizer isn't much different from poor kids joining gangs to get a sense of belonging. The real evil are the people who take advantage of these kids and get them to organize and hurt people.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We seem to have moved on from the original topic a bit. I had a moment to see past the anger and think of all the skinheads and racists I've dealt with over the last 20 years. There aren't many skinheads around here but they sure do leave an impression on you. Having thought about them a bit though, I could never say they were inherently evil. Most of these people were just generally angry at the world for one reason or another.

One of the skinheads I encountered, Tom, actually became good friends with me for a while. We worked together for a couple of years, went to concerts, hung out together, and he'd tell me a lot of what he was dealing with in his life. Divorced parents, father worked all the time and never saw him, mother couldn't care less about the children, and his siblings were fleeting relationships. The more I got to know him, the more I realized his family situation had broken him, though he'd never admit it. We'd talk on and off but I mostly started to steer clear of him once he continually would go off about black people and Mexicans, which in retrospect coincided with him going through a string of bad relationships.

Apparently at some point he started having an on and off fling with heroin which eventually cost him his life. Only a couple of his stoner friends showed up at his funeral.

No real moral to the story, but in my experience being a skinhead or Nazi sympathizer isn't much different from poor kids joining gangs to get a sense of belonging. The real evil are the people who take advantage of these kids and get them to organize and hurt people.
Oddly enough that just reminds me of American History X.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I did ask my Grandma about the struggles for Independence and it was friggin depressing. In lieu of the british members here, I wont go into more details, but fair to say, you dont get very fond of people who do that to your grandparents and their friends.
My Grandad changed our surnames from Pathan to something less muslim sounding during the some sort of racial riots. They threw away the quran, sajjadas (prayer mat), no beards etc. Pretty scary, apparently they were just dragging people out of their homes and butchering them in the streets.
My father was 4 years old and far enough away from the border that he and his family didn't see any hardships due to partition, and far enough away from any areas of interest that they were largely unaffected by the political climate. There is a story of my great-grandfather cutting down a British backed policeman that mistreated and abused people in their village, so there's that.
I spoke a bit with my grandparents about what it was like back then, but like you guys, I wish I was more interested in that stuff while they were still alive. It's one of my biggest regrets. My grandmother's family was from Lahore and moved to Ahmedabad during the partition, and her stories were ****ing insane. I know some of her extended family and friends died during that time. My grandfather too had some crazy things happen involving the British, and I know he was beaten and in jail for a bit (like days/weeks not months or years), but I never probed and he didn't volunteer all that much. So it could have been cause he was a thief or loitered or something - or he could have been protesting for independence - I wish I knew.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I kinda hope it was for loitering or public drunkenness or something. Would be hilarious after building him so much in my mind.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I spoke a bit with my grandparents about what it was like back then, but like you guys, I wish I was more interested in that stuff while they were still alive. It's one of my biggest regrets. My grandmother's family was from Lahore and moved to Ahmedabad during the partition, and her stories were ****ing insane. I know some of her extended family and friends died during that time. My grandfather too had some crazy things happen involving the British, and I know he was beaten and in jail for a bit, but I never probed and he didn't volunteer all that much. So it could have been cause he was a thief or loitered or something - or he could have been protesting for independence - I wish I knew.

In my case, I do know in good detail and with evidence as well. As I said, its the one thing that irks when some of my similarly educated and working friends go "I wish the British were still ruling us. Our country would be so much better." I mean, what the actual ****?

Burgey

I sympathise with not talking enough to grandparents about their younger days. One of my regrets as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I interviewed my Nan about WW2 for a GCSE piece of coursework. Was awesome. Grandad joined in when he got back from the pub.

Daemon

I interviewed my Nan about WW2 for a GCSE piece of coursework. Was awesome. Grandad joined in when he got back from the pub.
For some reason I first read this and was wondering why your Grandmother found WW2 awesome, and how your Grandad casually joined the war after returning from the pub.

Uppercut

My granny has some great/horrifying stories from having been a Protestant married to a Catholic between 1960 and 2010~.

Should be a thread for this stuff. Would really like to hear more.