• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you enjoy watching cricket as much as the day you joined CW?

Do you like watching cricket as much as when you first joined CW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firebreaker

Banned
There are some quality members on PP as well such as Junaids,Yossarian,Markhor,HitWicket(To whom for some reason I believe to be Nasser Hussain) but true the amount of trolls there are also unmatchable

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Nope. Last weekend there was live cricket on three different channels and I didn't want to watch any of it, including a Test Match.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I haven't been here long but when I first began this cricket obsession it was solely test cricket and England v ___ - with a particular emphasis on the 'Ashes'. That I believe is fairly typical of most English cricket fans: it begins and (virtually) ends with The Ashes. Now I probably prefer county cricket - well I certainly like test cricket and county cricket about equal but would be more inclined to follow a county side these days - and also enjoy watching tests between two nations other than England (case in point, the recent Border-Gavaskar). I'm probably looking forward to England v South Africa just about as much as the next Ashes. I suppose I'm not as big an England fan as I used to be, and have replaced watching cricket on the basis of ''I hope my team win'', with the simple aesthetics and joy of watching cricket. Probably prefer one-dayers more than I used to at the beginning, although more at a county 'seeing it in person' level rather than watching 'England on the box'. I've warmed to Twenty20 a tiny bit, but there are times when I just think it is a load of bollocks and leave the ground a bit jaded or turn the off switch.

viriya

International Captain
Definite no for me. I'm nowhere near as into the game as I was from 1996-2009 (SL WC win to Murali retirement).

Can appreciate a game here and there but the spark is definitely gone.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Definite no for me. I'm nowhere near as into the game as I was from 1996-2009 (SL WC win to Murali retirement).

Can appreciate a game here and there but the spark is definitely gone.
Does having your website make Cricket feel like a chore for you at all? I would assume it would be more fun to work out your formulas and ratings based on past performances more so than having your formula used on the present.

I actually can't wait for the Champions Trophy tbh, always great having most of the teams in the one country at the same time.

FBU

International Debutant
I thought Test cricket was boring so a friend introduced me to an ODI in 1999 SA v WI. Was hooked, with all the 4s and 6s. Now I can watch someone scoring 1 off 50 balls and not be bored. I was a SA fan before England one. Later that year Fletcher took over and his 8 years in change ended at the same time I joined the forum. Moores introduced Broad and Anderson. It was 140 wickets before I joined and 1225 wickets since.

As for watching I am a fan of fast bowling and waiting to see the most exciting combination of Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood and Pattinson bowling together. Probably ODIs as I can't see 4 fast bowlers in Tests.

Last edited: