• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do u retire

prossj

Cricket Spectator
Every time we play my friends say that we have to retire on 50 because i never go out. i have only went out once for 48.Do any one else have people who do that to u.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well last time i played backyard cricket it was in england and i made 150 I think.
we started at 8 ish till 9 we played round and i batted 1 hour. then at 10 I retired. then we played a bit on and then it got to dark haha

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It was usually 50 in backyard cricket but for driveway cricket at my neighbours it varied from 10 to 100.

Quite often we'd have 20 runs retirement and you could only do drives or blocks because you were surrounded by things that were out on the full or one bounce.

JikJak

Cricket Spectator
at my home we usually get to 50 and retire but when we play test matches were allowed till 100

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just to add. I'll almost always retire if the game starts to get a bit boring I.E. if I'm smacking fours everywhere. Nothing worse than enjoying yourself in a game of backyard cricket and your mates being bored and ending up wanting to do something else.

Which is why a retirement mark of 50 or something is always good...

And doing a lot of unorthadox shots.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZTailender said:
Just to add. I'll almost always retire if the game starts to get a bit boring I.E. if I'm smacking fours everywhere. Nothing worse than enjoying yourself in a game of backyard cricket and your mates being bored and ending up wanting to do something else.

Which is why a retirement mark of 50 or something is always good...

And doing a lot of unorthadox shots.
greg, u getting 50, that would be worth seeing just to prove there are bowlers that bad!

Stumped

Banned
prossj said:
Every time we play my friends say that we have to retire on 50 because i never go out. i have only went out once for 48.Do any one else have people who do that to u.
never reitre