• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dire straits for Windies cricket

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slow Love™ said:
Tim May has thrown his 2 cents in on the issue.

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/203097_WI_11MAR2005.html

He touches upon the most important issue which many have overlooked - aside from debating the logistics of this contractual nightmare, the question has to been asked - regardless of the positions of the parties involved, DOES the WICB have the right to discriminate as to who gets selected based on their endorsement arrangements anyway?
From what I know, the WICB will be infringing upon their contract with Digicel for letting players contracted with C&W represent the comodity - the West Indies cricket team. If the contracts are found to be purely individual with no link or insinuation to the team, it should not be an issue. Digicel isn't going to be getting any favours by the dark days to come should Lara/Gayle/Sarwan/Bravo not be reinstated.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
C&W Statement

If this can be proven to be true, it could spell the end for the current Board. C&W are not only refuting Teddy Griffith's claim that they were given the option to take up team sponsorship on the same terms as Digicel, but also claiming that they offered the same amount as Digicel - $20m over 5 years - for home sponsorship rights only.

Digicel paid $20m over 5 years for the rights to the whole kit and kaboodle including, by the looks of things, the final say in team selection.

C_C

International Captain
ATTENTION: LINK ALERT.

THat has gotto be easily the ugliest and crappiest website i've been to in a long time...it crashed my computer twice. argh.

Beleg

International Regular
C_C: Thou shalt not be hasty. :p

Seriously, the link worked fine for me. You just have to give it time to load fully. The red background can turn off a lot of people, but the actual design is pretty simple and self-explinatory.

C_C

International Captain
Well all i know is it eats up my memory like Inzamam and Pies and going back-n-forth causes it to crash.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with C_C; one of the worst sites ever and I'm using a minimalist browser (Epiphany) under Linux and it STILL sucks.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
C_C said:
ATTENTION: LINK ALERT.

THat has gotto be easily the ugliest and crappiest website i've been to in a long time...it crashed my computer twice. argh.
Sorry about that, the WICB only employ or employed (not sure whether the person's left now) 1 full-time person to maintain the website, so you can't expect it to be in great nick 8-)

The statement is now on CaribbeanCricket.com - a far more impressive site, but very biased towards the players/WIPA/C&W in this dispute.