• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dickie Bird vs David Shepherd

Who was better?

• Dickie Bird

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • David Shepherd

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I thought I added it, what happened? Is it possible to add it now?

Edit: Done now.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Dickie was as good an umpire as I've seen even if he was a bit of a not outer.

Obviously both umpired well before DRS so any errors were much more difficult to spot.

Also early in their careers, there were only TV cameras from 1 end so judging LBWs from the other end was impossible for the commentators and TV viewers.

But when you hear players from that era talk about umpires, Dickie always comes out as the best.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing as Bird flagrantly disregarded the LBW laws to enforce what he thought should've been the law, it has to be the other bloke.