• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni Criticism

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
My complaints about the Indian team in this competitions are:

- Clearly fatigued from the stupid IPL, BCCI has shot itself in the foot big time.
- Dhoni's captaincy is ridiculously defensive, saw it NZ, seems to think every surface is a 180 pitch, is so content to leak singles. Doesn't apply any pressure to batsmen, as a result they always set nice platforms.
- When the ball doesn't swing, Ishant aside (to an extent), our quicks have no teeth, looked like cannon fodder. We desperately need someone with some pace (though it didn't work for Johnson or Lee...).
- I expected Raina & co. to be poor vs the short ball, but how the hell have they come so far being that bad against it is beyond me. Lol @ Raina's favourite shot being the pull. Sehwag's presence could have really thrown a spanner in the works of the short pitched bowling strategy, but you can't do anything about injuries.
- Why did Dhoni keep promoting himself in the warm ups if he didn't intend to bat at 3 in the big games? What was the purpose of that?
- Why was Jadeja picked? His Ranji performances were against the weaker sides, he rarely scored at more than a run a ball in the IPL (so how can you expect him to do better at the international level?) and he was rarely bowled by Warne. Mishra should have been picked instead, or maybe Rahane.
- Why wasn't Ojha picked on a turning surface in the last game?

funnygirl

State Regular
I just can't believe i would say this Dhoni is a very defensive captain .He started his captaincy with the attitude of ''not feared of losing '',.And the more he became successful the more cautious he became.3rd test in NZ was a classic example.Still best person to lead India.

I blame IPL too.Too much T20 literally drained our players. I am starting to hate IPL (not that i loved any way ).

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i would never critisize dhoni, what i think lead to india's downfall in this competition was
1. Traditional sub-continent behaviour ( so much expectations, media coverage & all)
2. Sub-continent teams usually don't defend their title
3. BCCI just too greedy, they don't let any day go without making money from its people. I mean why does india has to play every month, there should be proper rest for them. Money isn't everything. I know indian media provides its shoulders to the players to reach the heights & if they fail some day, media drops them on the earth
it was a bad experience for them this time, so one should accept it, that's it

G.I.Joe

International Coach
i would never critisize dhoni, what i think lead to india's downfall in this competition was
1. Traditional sub-continent behaviour ( so much expectations, media coverage & all)
2. Sub-continent teams usually don't defend their title
3. BCCI just too greedy, they don't let any day go without making money from its people. I mean why does india has to play every month, there should be proper rest for them. Money isn't everything. I know indian media provides its shoulders to the players to reach the heights & if they fail some day, media drops them on the earth
it was a bad experience for them this time, so one should accept it, that's it
Spot on.