• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni, Amla and Bevan as ODI cricketer

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought hurricane left due to NZ infighting. Remember a pretty sad argument he had with a kiwi here where he mentioned he helped the other user find a job irl or something and got laughed off the forum

cnerd123

likes this
I thought hurricane left due to NZ infighting. Remember a pretty sad argument he had with a kiwi here where he mentioned he helped the other user find a job irl or something and got laughed off the forum
He left for a combination of reasons - Daemon was literally the last person to get mad at him before he stopped posting - but I get the blame because I wrote a very nasty post targeted at him. He then felt he wasn't welcomed around here anymore, maybe because I didn't cop a perma ban or smth.

He was still pretty active right after that, and there were more arguments had with various members till he did eventually leave.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Link to your nasty post? Why did he have so many haters?
I liked Hurricane a lot (***** you utter ****:ph34r:) But he seemed a very intense, complex sort of character which didn't gel well with some of the banter that goes on here. He also did have a tendency to speak his mind quite openly and honestly about some posters but was very thin skinned when some came back at him. All that said though I think at the heart of it all he was a good lad.

Gave up on Spikey likes in 2015.
Hahaha, it's funny I have about 3 or 4 posters that I would value a like off over all others (not gonna name em as that would just be ****)...........I get very sad and jealous when I see them give likes to other ****s less deserving.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I liked Hurricaine too. Would be pleased if he'd come back TBH

subshakerz

International Coach
Bevan in the World Cups basically brought his A game when his team needed it most. The semi-finals have been mentioned.

In 2003 WC, Australia dominated excepts for two games NZ and England, both in which Bevan played key innings to rescue the team.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They needed Symonds-Lehmann and the bowlers to rescue them in the semis. Bevan flopped in that game IIRC.

Shady Slim

International Coach
oi hurricane was super welcoming when i came here and he was a top dude and i was sad when he left

hurricane pls come back

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bevan and Dhoni should be rated alongside those four. Both have been great pressure players for their team in odis.

So these six along with Kohli would be the ones I will pick in my top 7.

Amla is a tier below them.

TheJediBrah

oi hurricane was super welcoming when i came here and he was a top dude and i was sad when he left

hurricane pls come back
Hurricane was depressing from what I recall. All his posts came across as a grumpier version of that donkey from Winnie the pooh

Daemon

Hurricane was depressing from what I recall. All his posts came across as a grumpier version of that donkey from Winnie the pooh
Really? I thought he was a generally a cheerful, good hearted and well meaning person.

Obviously he had (imo, some big) flaws and there were times where he'd be condescending and stubborn but I never thought of him as grumpy.

Niall

International Coach
Amla is a limited overs fraud who has failed in every knock out competition whether t20 or ODI cricket he has taken part in. He most certainly does not deserve to be in any sort of debate about ATG limited overs batsman, a bilateral series bully and nothing more than that.

TheJediBrah

Really? I thought he was a generally a cheerful, good hearted and well meaning person.

Obviously he had (imo, some big) flaws and there were times where he'd be condescending and stubborn but I never thought of him as grumpy.
mostly toward the end of his posting career. He kind of seemed always sad.

vcs

Amla is a limited overs fraud who has failed in every knock out competition whether t20 or ODI cricket he has taken part in. He most certainly does not deserve to be in any sort of debate about ATG limited overs batsman, a bilateral series bully and nothing more than that.
That's a bit harsh. Yeah he has consistently failed to make an impact in ICC events against big teams, so it disqualifies him from being ATG, but he's still world class. it's one of those inexplicable things about SA cricket.

Daemon

I like to think of Amla as a great ODI batsman with a meh ODI career, if that makes any sense

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I like to think of Amla as a great ODI batsman with a meh ODI career, if that makes any sense
That pretty much sums up all SA players cause until SA win a WC none of the players will ever be considered great. Rightly or wrongly.

The only player who has ever really had a chance of making an ATG team is Klusener and that is because he was at the top of his performance during the 1999 WC and it has stuck in everybodies mind. That his entire career may have been good without being great is entirely irrelevant.

By some of the comments on CW forum I don't know why we even have bilateral series of LO stuff anymore cause it is meaningless. Just like winning the Ashes is the only important test series, regardless of how good those teams are, cause winning that makes you the bestest ever.