• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Is it right that according to the fixtures schedule we play Blue 5 times at 5day twice in 25smash and not at all in one day?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
Its about time the Blues got a taste of the Black magic, we've only played like twice this season? One was a warmup and the other Was the Pickup show - is Halsey ready for another lesson from the spin king?
Don't deny it - he's the master - although I'd like to remind you that Pickup himself said that I bowled well last game...

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Man once we perform like cricketing gods n the other day like medows....come on we are better than this. One day I bat good next day I get my best Bowling figures n my team looses :( nothing more sad than that....... Come Guys buck up .. GO GO GO REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
Don't deny it - he's the master - although I'd like to remind you that Pickup himself said that I bowled well last game...
Correction, I said played well.

Bowling was alright and the batting good (41 I believe) which led to well overall :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes folks, it's almost here again!

CRICKET WEB BLUE V CRICKET WEB BLACK
The rematch!

Earlier this season the Blacks derailed the Blues by 72 runs, but now there's a chance for revenge! The rivalry is even more intense as Pickup's men attempt to get their season back on track whilst Young leads his team for revenge. With CW Blue a game behind CW Black, 60 points separate these teams and a win for either would be cherished.

Once again we witness...
Halsey versus Pickup.
Buts versus Toogood.
Mr Mxyzptlk versus Master Blaster.
Jellett versus Chaulk.

Don't miss the sequal to the biggest blockbuster of the season...

CRICKET WEB BLUE V CRICKET WEB BLACK
The rematch!

Brought to you exclusively by the Cricket Web Bar.

Squads:
Cricket Web Blue
Peter Young (C), Mr Mxyzptlk (vc), Dylan Jellett (wk), Jason Toogood, Craig, StUEy, Broncoman, Nath Patrick, Adam, Daniel Muhaffy, Tom Halsey, Amir Ahmad.

Cricket Web Black
Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Ash Chaulk (wk), Chris Broadbent, Dark Hunter, Superkingdave, Rich_2001, Eclipse, Ferd, C Buts, Jagaways, David Kearsley.

Also scheduled for tomorrow:

Australia A vs England A at the MCG.
The mini-Ashes rematch... Aus A leads season series 1-0.

Mr Mxyzptlk

superkingdave said:
Is it right that according to the fixtures schedule we play Blue 5 times at 5day twice in 25smash and not at all in one day?
Yes, there appears to be an imbalance in the schedule. Considering that it was a hell of a lot of work to get it even resembling a balanced schedule, that I'm getting a headache just looking at it again and that there will supposedly be 20 games per team in each form (not including finals) either way, I'll leave it as it is for now and the CW Black v CW Blue season seres (and any other which may have been left out) will be played if necessary. At first glance (5 minutes) I don't see where the error is rooted (as there appear to be the expected 4 5D fixtures scheduled between Blue and Black), but fear not that by the end of the season, all will be sorted and no one will be cheated of cricket.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i don't reckon out batting was too disgraceful in that game. 210 on a batting wicket that was difficult to bat on... maybe the bowlers shoulda done better than 230. IT wasn't all us batsmans fault., well maybe mine but not everyone elses

Mr Mxyzptlk

Friday 10th September

Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Blue at PDV Dome
5D

CW Black XI: Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Ash Chaulk (wk), Chris Broadbent, Dark Hunter, Rich_2001, Eclipse, David Kearsley, C Buts, Superkingdave, Ferd.

CW Blue XI: Peter Young (C), Mr Mxyzptlk (vc), Dylan Jellett (wk), StUEy, Broncoman, Craig, Jason Toogood, Daniel Muhaffy, Nath Patrick, Adam, Tom Halsey.

Day 1 Conditions:
Ball : The ball is starting to lose its shine.
Pitch : A perfect batting pitch with no visible cracks.
Bounce : High bounce. Just what the fast bowlers want.
Outfield : Very fast outfield. Lots of boundaries likely to be scored.
Weather : Cloudy with occasional breaks of sun.

Toss: CW Black, bat first

Day 1 Game Events:
* CW Black Lunch - 90/1
* Muhaffy dropped a hard chance of Ferd (2) off Halsey - 93/1
* Craig dropped Buts (23) off Patrick - 141/3
* StUEy dropped Eclipse (17) off Adam - 145/3
* CW Black Tea - 165/3
* Jellett missed a half-chance of Chaulk (0) off Halsey - 179/4
* Jellett dropped Hunter (0) off Halsey - 186/5
* CW Black Stumps - 264/7 (Ash Chaulk 35*, Superkingdave 15*)
---
Day 2:
Ball : The ball is nice and new.
Bounce : High bounce. Just what the fast bowlers want.
Weather : Hot and sunny with very high light clouds.

Day 2 Game Events:
* Ash Chaulk 50 off 112 balls; 7 fours
* Toogood dropped Chaulk (76) off Halsey - 320/8
* CW Black 320 all out
* CW Blue Lunch - 24/1
* Chaulk dropped Broncoman (24) off Blaster - 50/1
* CW Blue Tea - 120/3
* Jason Toogood 50 off 79 balls; 5 fours
* Pickup dropped Toogood (60) off Superkingdave - 158/5
* CW Blue Stumps - 220/7 (Mr Mxyzptlk 44*, Tom Halsey 11*)
---
Day 3:
Ball : The ball is old and soft.
Bounce : Good bounce with the occasional one lifting off a good length.
Weather : Fine and Sunny with light cloud.

Day 3 Game Events:
* Pickup took 5 wickets
* CW Blue 254 all out
* Craig dropped Rich_2001 (0) off Muhaffy - 0/0
* CW Black Lunch - 11/0
* CW Black Tea - 109/3
* Broncoman dropped Chaulk (8) off Halsey - 141/4
* C Buts 50 off 111 balls; 5 fours
* CW Black Stumps - 192/7 (C Buts 64*, Superkingdave 2*)
---
Day 4:
Ball : The ball is getting old.
Pitch : A fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks.
Bounce : Nice consistent bounce off a good length.
Weather : Fine and Sunny with light cloud.

Day 4 Game Events:
* Halsey took 5 wickets
* CW Black 212 all out
* CW Blue set to chase 279 to win
* Pickup dropped a hard chance of Broncoman (28) off Blaster - 38/0
* CW Blue Lunch - 66/1
* Broncoman 50 off 86 balls; 9 fours
* Chaulk dropped Broncoman (96) off Blaster - 162/1
* Broncoman 100 off 166 balls; 15 fours, 1 six
* Rich_2001 dropped StUEy (37) off Hunter - 172/1
* CW Blue Tea - 183/1
* StUEy 50 off 108 balls; 7 fours
* Buts dropped Toogood (1) off Kearsley - 234/2
* CW Blue 281/4, won by 6 wickets

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 320 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 254 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 212 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 281 for 4
Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wkts.

Man of the Match: Tom Halsey

Daily Blast Comment: Archrivals, Cricket Web Blue and Cricket Web Black faced off for the second time in a first class fixture this season and it was a fantastic game. Led by unbeaten half-centuries from Ash Chaulk and C Buts, the Blacks set up an intriguing run chase for the Blues, though admittedly less than they would have liked. Indeed, some fantastic legspin bowling by Tom Halsey kept his team in the game and gave it a chance to win. Chasing 279 the Blue batsmen elected to be positive instead of being dictated to, and it paid off. A brilliant second season hundred from Test opener Broncoman led the charge and another fine innings by StUEy garnished an ultimately commanding 6-wicket reading. This game was closer than the final scoreline indicates, but the Blues will be thrilled to have outplayed their rivals and taken some revenge to heart after the early season defeat.
-------------------------

Australia A v England A at the MCG

England 'A' 1st Innings 278 all out
Smith 58, Troughton 42, Bichel 3-78, Bracken 2-44
Australia 'A' 1st Innings 312 all out
Hussey 82, Love 74, Silverwood 4-81, Saggers 3-99
England 'A' 2nd Innings 449 for 5 dec.
Bell 125, Pieterson 109, Clarke 2-12, Noffke 2-96
Australia 'A' 2nd Innings 181 all out
Hussey 38, Love 38, Ali 3-36, Cork 2-15
England 'A' won by 234 runs.

Man of the Match: Ian Bell

Attachments

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bad loss reds, to aussie a with a few bloked getting starts we should have chased that target down, we didnt even get all out

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa!! thats what im talkin bout! great work blues, we almost deserved to lose because of crap fielding, but there were still a few thrillers taken 2nd innings. halsey, toogood, broncoman and stuey should all be very happy you all had great games. keep it up fellas!

cbuts

International Debutant
dissapointing result with the team there, but on a personal note im not far from the 1000 runs for the season. laim are u able to update all those stats that u posted earlier in the competition? they were brilliant!