• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
catches win matches boys, well done to skipper in the wnd dig for putting up some sort of fight but it was a terrible performance from us all. we are doing well in one day we are just lacking that little bit of luck in the fc. skipp, time to drop me to 7 or 12 i think mate.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some thoughts...

The Reds struggle onward as a team with much talent but a need to find the right combination and learn to win with that talent. The players must learn first to harbor their energies against their opponents rather than fight amongst themselves. In the learning process there will be defeats, but once the captain is strong enough to handle the fire and the players are still willing to play and hungry for success, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Comfort has it that CW Red still tops the OD competition.

The Blacks are certainly the team to beat as was the boast even before the season start. Neil Pickup has transformed a talented bunch of players into a professional unit capable of matching the best of them. Leading the way with his legspin bowling, Pickup has formed a solid attack of bowlers who complement each other nicely. The batting has figured itself out well and there always seems to be a hero, a batsman willing to step up and score big for the team. CW Black is the clear favourite for the 5D trophy and is presenting a good challenge in OD. Unbeaten in 5D and 60 points clear.

The Greens have endured struggles much like the Reds, but not with the same infighting. Indeed they continue to press on and try their best despite being clearly outplayed on more than one occasion this season. Led by Age Master, various players have stood up and played crucial parts in some dramatic victories this season, but inconsistency is the plague. As soon as the batsmen learn to build partnerships and the fielders support the bowlers, things will be sorted and the competition will be fierce. CW Green is my underdog pick to challenge for the OD trophy and my pick to meet CW Black in the Smash final.

The Blues are a very solid team. Generally they have performed as a unit rather than individuals this season, but lately there are a couple signs of possible fatigue as the wheels begin to shake, if not fall off. Having won just 1 of their last 3 OD games, the Blues sit second to last for the The Chef de Groot Trophy. Still there is enough bowling in this team to mount a comeback. In 25Smash they will run it tight but may be nicked by the Greens for a final spot in the end. Interestingly enough, I believe that this is the only team that can prevent CW Black from getting into the Smash final at all. If the batting clicks on a more consistent basis and the bowlers continue to hold the form they have for most of this season, CW Blue should take at least one trophy. Their best chance is in the 5D competition.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
Had to mate, otherwise I would have carried over the boundary for six. I was sent to the boundary because my bowling was so ****e.

The internal fighting is not having a good effect on the side and it is really hurting us this season. Although the batsman showed promise of getting near the total, the bowlers really didn't have that penetration. But all is not lost for the Reds, we just have to be confident in our ability, we have the talent there and as soon as we become a cohesive unit I think we can turn the season around, hopefully it won't be too late.

On a personal note, it is disapointing to put in such a performance after I have improved my form this season. But, one bad performance does not make a poor season, and you are only as good as your next game.

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
This up and down is getting very predictable.
time for a change.!!
We are going to win 3 in a row next!!!!!

GO REDS!!!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
very happy with my 122 in the second innings, had to turn one of those fifties into a ton eventually! disapointed the team lost though, 206 runs isnt a good margin team, lets pull our heads in a train a bit harder!

delkap

State Vice-Captain
What is happening to the Greens.. The whole season is slipping away.. About time we came back as a team !!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
well god damn im finally happy with -- Darkness 32 12 54 6 -- and 7 wickets in the whole game.. but that is not enough seeing my batting was way below par and we didnt hold our batting as a team, which again made the difference between winning and losing..

Come on team we need to hold on!

masterblaster

International Captain
Extremely happy with my contribution of 32 in the first innings and then my 4 wickets in the second.

As vice captain, its so pleasing to see the team go so well. Neil has done a superb job in terms of selection and leadership.

Brilliant work Black's and lets keep the momentum going.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great win Black, another great batting performance.

Keep it safe, you knowsit

But reds what's going on - maybe you should be stripped of your 5day status ;)

We all Still need some fielding practise though - 9 catches dropped

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Great win Black, another great batting performance.

Keep it safe, you knowsit

But reds what's going on - maybe you should be stripped of your 5day status ;)

We all Still need some fielding practise though - 9 catches dropped
hahahaha that's a good call. but give us time we're not to far out've finals contention.

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
I am slightly disapointed at being dropped but I am quite happy to be sitting on the sidelines if we keep up this brilliant form.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Excited to debut for the blacks yet dissapointed to only score 7 runs from 50 odd balls. I did open the batting but then again two guys scored big centuries so i wish i could have capatalised aswell.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
far out... im so sick of the inconsistency of the blues and also my form. what do we do?? ah well... cmon guys lets do something good! our fielding is shocking!!! jells... ur keeping was pretty bad bro, a lot of extras in that total. sorry 2 single you out, i know you are just one of the people who need to improve, myself included.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well that game was abit topsy turvy, Lords first innings bowling performance was simply superb, great stuff mate.

39 from Majin on debut was good to see, saved us from alot of embarrasement as well.

Hoy was the pick of the bowlers in their 2nd innings picking up 3 wickets with good economy.

We finally had a couple of good partnerships in the 2nd innings, the openers both making it into the 40's and than myself and Blewy both notching up 1/2 tons, but still fell well short, more starts should have been made, and the starts should have been capatalised on :(.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Some thoughts...
The Greens have endured struggles much like the Reds, but not with the same infighting. Indeed they continue to press on and try their best despite being clearly outplayed on more than one occasion this season. Led by Age Master, various players have stood up and played crucial parts in some dramatic victories this season, but inconsistency is the plague. As soon as the batsmen learn to build partnerships and the fielders support the bowlers, things will be sorted and the competition will be fierce. CW Green is my underdog pick to challenge for the OD trophy and my pick to meet CW Black in the Smash final.

i agree with this, we need to work harder at training and than concentrate on the basics like partnerships in the matches... finding some concistancy is the key to winning more games.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Had to mate, otherwise I would have carried over the boundary for six. I was sent to the boundary because my bowling was so ****e.
Meh...it's ok