• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Seeing as you are sole executor of CW Red matters, isn't it your responsibility to inquire as to availability of your players rather than mine to inform you of it first?
I'm "sole executor" am I?

Funny how I speak to my team before selecting then isn't it?

As for availability, it strikes me as more than a little bizarre to allow people who are away in one series to pop back for a domestic game.

No other International side does it...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No Marc, 9 Test hundreds and more than 3,000 Test runs is enough to retain you a spot. :dry:
And if the same player scores 10 runs an innings for the next 5 Tests, he'd still have 9 tons and 3000 runs...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hey, I said similar things about Graham Thorpe and all you English people jumped down my throat. :iforgotwhattheangrysmileycodewasandionlyusethebasicreplypage:

EDIT: :@ Ah, yeah, that's the stuff. :D

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You'd think that from someone who is so in control of team selections, I would have gotten word of the team XI by now. If you have a problem with the selections, select your team. Heaven knows I'm not meddling in that again.

Seeing as you are sole executor of CW Red matters, isn't it your responsibility to inquire as to availability of your players rather than mine to inform you of it first?

As another CW cricketer said on the issue, "Damned if I do, damned if I don't". 8-)
Hold on a minute - if he doesn't have the final say in the named XI's, surely it is you who has to carry the flag. You can't heap the blame on Marc for a job that he really only has for token purposes, considering he doesn't get the side that he is after. That's grossly unfair.

There is a lot to be answered for here - you won't let Marc have the team he likes, but then you've fired a shot for him not bothering selecting a side. Why should he - all that will happen is that changes will be made, and he will still have to wear the responsabilty of the loss - not you. It's a double standard you see. This is another reason the system is in bad need of an overhaul.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think his point was that if Marc has a problem with the side than he should email his selections.

this would no doubt come from Marc's repeated whinging the first time

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
age takes it up the date.... it's official...
i know him from school. he used to run off into the change rooms... other green players used to come to my school and tehy used to "get it on"

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Is it possible if we could take a look at the latest standings. Because im sure the FC table is getting closer and closer. Plus OD and 25smash are close aswell.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
And if the same player scores 10 runs an innings for the next 5 Tests, he'd still have 9 tons and 3000 runs...
actually, if my maths is any good, hed have 9 tons and 3100 runs... :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
age_master said:
Great Win guys, fantastic attacking cricket which is always good to see.

First innings wasn't great but we got enough runs to keep us in the game, mainly thanks to Marjin's unbeaten 60.

Blue went past us on first innings but were well restrained. Rose and Hoy the pick.

Cloete than stole the show with an absolutley brilliant knock of 166 off just 205 balls. well supportedd by a very solid half century from Jamee. I was also pretty happy with 91, managing to keep my SR slightly above Cloete's for the innings :p

Timewell than ripped through the top order placing them in alot of trouble before Marjin finished them off :)

another great Green comefrombehind win :)
it seems you have some trouble with my bowling though age, i got you both innings and im pretty sure i got ya in our most recent one-day encouter...
may a great rivalry blossom!!

as for the game as a whole... well im terribly disspointed. they never should of got away from us and all those damn dropped catches didnt help, lots of fielding pratice needed. heads up though, weve done very well in all three comps and lets keep it up!

Majin

International Debutant
Thanks guys, and don't worry Timewell, I don't intend to let it go to my head, I just wanna keep in good form. For another 9 seasons. :}

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre said:
Hold on a minute - if he doesn't have the final say in the named XI's, surely it is you who has to carry the flag. You can't heap the blame on Marc for a job that he really only has for token purposes, considering he doesn't get the side that he is after. That's grossly unfair.
Andre when have I not let Marc have the team he likes? The reason that I don't make any changes to Marc's submitted teams anymore is because I'm letting him have the team he likes! I am supposedly the one with the final say in the XIs, but not according to Marc. I can quote many an email conversation where Marc has basically told me this.
There is a lot to be answered for here - you won't let Marc have the team he likes, but then you've fired a shot for him not bothering selecting a side. Why should he - all that will happen is that changes will be made, and he will still have to wear the responsabilty of the loss - not you. It's a double standard you see. This is another reason the system is in bad need of an overhaul.
Not sure how Marc has brainwashed you to think that he's the victim here. Not saying that I am, but Marc certainly is not a victim in all of this. If I do make changes to the Reds side which I believe will improve it and the Reds lose, you and I both know that Marc will blame me for not adhering to what he has suggested. As such I'm taking all Reds matters straight from the mouth of Marc and not giving anything to start whining about in every thread of the forum.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Yes, yes he would. If Australia sacked Ponting or Gilchrist after the last Indian tour, that would have been just an incredibly smart move, no?

Andre

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Andre when have I not let Marc have the team he likes? The reason that I don't make any changes to Marc's submitted teams anymore is because I'm letting him have the team he likes! I am supposedly the one with the final say in the XIs, but not according to Marc. I can quote many an email conversation where Marc has basically told me this.

Not sure how Marc has brainwashed you to think that he's the victim here. Not saying that I am, but Marc certainly is not a victim in all of this. If I do make changes to the Reds side which I believe will improve it and the Reds lose, you and I both know that Marc will blame me for not adhering to what he has suggested. As such I'm taking all Reds matters straight from the mouth of Marc and not giving anything to start whining about in every thread of the forum.
Key word being anymore. I know for a fact that you've gone against selections and requests from Ian and Marc in the past... Just merely pointing out. I've certainly not been brainwashed at all - I'm just calling things as I see them. I'd not been informed that the captain of Red now has complete selection control, so what am I supposed to expect!

The point is, if Marc is Red captain and suggests a selection, even if you disagree, it should be discussed before the matches are simmed (which it isn't, and I know this for sure) at the very least. He's not the victim, nor are you - but if he is wearing the captain's hat and has to cop the responsability for what goes on, it would only be fair for him to have the troops he is after, right?

I know you'll claim something to do with international captains here, but as has always been maintained, the CWXI is a highly unique organisation, hence rendering that pointless...

Cloete

International Captain
Woah... didn't realise I could play Dev League during the tour. I'm delighted with Greens performance, everybody chipped in. Personally I was happy to get a few runs again. But it was a top team effort, Jamee, Age, Majin, Rose, Hoy and Timewell all doing brilliant jobs.

Cloete

International Captain
Andre said:
Key word being anymore. I know for a fact that you've gone against selections and requests from Ian and Marc in the past... Just merely pointing out. I've certainly not been brainwashed at all - I'm just calling things as I see them. I'd not been informed that the captain of Red now has complete selection control, so what am I supposed to expect!

The point is, if Marc is Red captain and suggests a selection, even if you disagree, it should be discussed before the matches are simmed (which it isn't, and I know this for sure) at the very least. He's not the victim, nor are you - but if he is wearing the captain's hat and has to cop the responsability for what goes on, it would only be fair for him to have the troops he is after, right?

I know you'll claim something to do with international captains here, but as has always been maintained, the CWXI is a highly unique organisation, hence rendering that pointless...
I can't believe you can make it out to sound as thoguh Marc has been the victim here. Maybe he should take a leaf out of Age's book!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Andre said:

Do you really want me to post the entire defence of this issue? I've gone against Marc's selection on one or two occasions. Once I clearly remember was due to the confusion of who was playing for the select XI and who wasn't. I don't recall doing it another time.

I've already discussed the Ian issue with both he and Marc and Marc said that he would have made the same move (ie played Steds over you). Marc's major issue was how much I was bowling Bugssy in comparison to himself and I proved with the use of stats that that is totally and utterly false. To date Marc has not shown me any statistics or facts.

Would you care to point out the times I've gone against Marc's selections Andre? Via email preferably as another issue is not needed on the forum at this time. Fear not, all shall be revealed in time.