• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Defunct Franchise Cricket Teams

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The idea for this thread emanated after I was viewing Kemar Roach's profile on CI.

I noticed that he once played for a team named, Wayamba United

It is such a bada$$ name.

Other team names will soon follow...

I didn't take long to find another one...Uva Next

They were the opponents of Wayamba....

SillyCowCorner1

With the non-hosting of matches and the Rovman Powell decision Jamaica Tallawahs soon enough
I was thinking the same thing after reading the news of Rovman leaving the JT.
The dude literally captained you guys to a title, and you let him go.

****ing messed up.

We might lose a lot of talent from JA as a result of this...

Daemon

Not a franchise but my personal favourite - the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), one time winner of the QeA trophy before Imran Khan restructured domestic cricket and removed them.

Also see, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Not a franchise but my personal favourite - the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), one time winner of the QeA trophy before Imran Khan restructured domestic cricket and removed them.

Also see, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited.
Ah, I remember those. A bit like how Japanese baseball teams are named after the big corporations that own them, like the Yakult Swallows and the Nippon-Ham Fighters.

Chin Music

U19 Captain
Give it a year and there will probably be 8 more in England.
My first trip to the board in a few days and I was about to lightheartedly mention that but you got there first. Once the novelty wears off it doesn’t offer anything the blast already does and they are dumb enough to hold it when the football season comes into being which will divert peoples attention.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kanbis Tigers

Especially after what Google suggests your search enquiry should gave been when you search it

SillyCowCorner1

Guyana Jaguars was a behemoth in the FC scene in the mid-2010s

5 titles in a row led by Leon Johnson.

The franchise that replaced them got the name of Guyana Harpy Eagles.

They are the current 4-day domestic champs. Leon Johnson was the skipper.
He retired from all cricket shortly after becoming the champs.

SillyCowCorner1

I should add that the name change doesn’t imply a defunct franchise.

Guyana’s sport ministry and tourism ministry decided to the name change to highlight the fauna in our beautiful country.