• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debut Chronology Draft - Voting Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pothas, just for me. Kallis just puts his seam attack ahead and has a better depth to his batting with Hadlee, Davo and Swann one of the better 8, 9, 10 combos one will see.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Pothas for a well deserved win.

I would have voted for you too in that contest. I had the better spinner and arguably the better opening pace combination (if you grant Trueman > Davidson/Walsh). But your team has better 1st change pace bowler, much better 5th bowling option, greater batting depth and 1-2 batsmen better than any on my team (depending on what you think of Barry Richards). Overall grabbing Hadlee and Kallis both gave you a big edge.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for the votes. These sorts of drafts are easily my favourite and had quite a few attempts at them now. Love that all the greatest players are in play but it still not straightforward to make a perfect team. As much as I love Swann as a cricketer I would still want a better spinner.

@trundler to start another one after the quality control one is done. Either the bowling average one or a reverse batting average one, like the idea of Bradman being available with a big penalty.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Congratulations Pothas for winning and AnkitJ for 2nd - 2 very strong sides and deservedly reaching the final 2.

Thanks Trundler as well, an interesting draft with differing approaches thanks to chronology nature of draft