• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debut Chronology Draft - Voting Thread

anil1405

International Captain
it's probably the most ATGs I've drafted in a side for a long time. I guess my issue must be Sanga keeping or something
Sangakkara at 3 while keeping is basically a player who averages 40. Plus yeah as stephen has pointed out not having a top 10 bowler went against you I guess.

kingkallis

International Coach
it's probably the most ATGs I've drafted in a side for a long time. I guess my issue must be Sanga keeping or something
You have a good batting line up but Sanga keeping plus Bedser is not rated that high on this forum. Your bowling attack looks a bit weak compared to people who received votes in your group.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AnkitJ, Teuton
Pothas, Srbhkshk

qualify for the semis.

Semi #1: Teuton vs Pothas
Semi #2: AnkitJ vs Srbhkshk

trundler

Semi-Final #1

TeutonPothas
Jack HobbsLen Hutton
Alastair CookVirender Sehwag
Viv RichardsRanjitsinhji
Peter MayJacques Kallis
Mohammad YousufJaved Miandad
Ted DexterVVS Laxman
Denis LindsayMatt Prior
Ray LindwallRichard Hadlee
Harold LarwoodAlan Davidson
Jason GillespieGraeme Swann
Muttiah MuralitharanCourtney Walsh

Semi-Final #2
AnkitJSrbhkshk
Barry RichardsHerbert Sutcliffe
Bruce Mitchell [5]Sid Barnes
Rahul DravidSteve Smith
Virat Kohli (c)Greg Chappell (5)
Joe Root [6]Douglas Jardine *
Rohan KanhaiSeymour Nurse
Mark Boucher (wk)Quinton De Kock +
Peter Pollock [3]Hugh Tayfield (4)
Curtly Ambrose [2]Frank Tyson (3)
Clarrie Grimmett [4]Bob Willis (2)
Fred Trueman [1]Glenn McGrath (1)

trundler

**** this is tight. Pound for pound Teuton and Pothas are basically identical. Hutton vs Hobbs, Cook vs Sehwag, Lindwall vs Hadlee...

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SF1: comes down to the better batting and fractionally better pace vs the better spinner.

I'll take Pothas. Just. And only because the wind is blowing today.

SF2: even tougher. Inseparable bowling attacks. Similar batting. I'll split them on captaincy and pick srbkhshk

Teuton

International Captain
I can't vote in Sf1. Tbh not sure how I missed voting for Pothas in the first round. In hindsight his was clearly the best team in group 2.

Sf2: ankitj

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think I'm just going for Pothas in the first match up. One couldn't really squeeze a fag paper between the batting, but Poths maybe shades it on depth, and I think his first and second change seam options are sufficiently better to compensate for Swann coming second to Murali.

Second no easier to split, top orders are both of the first water, Ankit definitely has the better first line spinner but Chappell, G the better fifth bowling option. QdK's batting obviously superior to Boucher's (and his keeping doesn't lose much by comparison either), but Pollock, P a better #8 than Tayfield.

Think AnkitJ just shades it on the basis of his three frontline seamers being slightly stronger as a unit though, loath as I am to vote against any XI skippered by the Iron Duke.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think AnkitJ just shades it on the basis of his three frontline seamers being slightly stronger as a unit though, loath as I am to vote against any XI skippered by the Iron Duke.
Think he would enjoy having that bowling attack to captain as well. Reckon he would have loved Bob.