• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

De Grandhomme retires from international cricket

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent player, especially in tests. He often infuriated me because he looked so naturally gifted with the bat (often looked to be batting on a different pitch unless facing spin) and could've averaged even more with some application. I remember thinking Hesson was nuts when CDG debuted against Pakistan (picked ahead of Neesham) and then he weng and took a 6-fer. Gave excellent balance to the side (especially pre-Jamieson) whether bowling economically, chipping in with wickets and catches, or blasting crucial runs. Thanks for the memories big man.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Nooooo

one of my favourite ever players. so naturally gifted, so unbelievably stupid, so much fun to watch.

he was batting better than ever too. that ton against south africa was top class, and his performance in the first test in england was pretty solid. i guess his injury in that game made him consider his future.

come on colin you're one wicket away from 50 test wickets. pls.

im glad we had him.

Howsie

International Captain
1400 runs @ 38
49 wickets @ 32

Scored his runs quickly and bowled economically. Excellent test career. I was the same, I thought Hesson was nuts when he made his debut. Definitely never expected this type of career from him.

Xuhaib

International Coach
When he came in despite the 6 Fer thought he's a throwback to Larson, Chris Haris days was so wrong a genuine charecter and cricketer.

vandem

International 12th Man
Hopefully he gets another outing or two for Auckland / Aces on EPOO. Always enjoy his nonchalant 7-iron chips that end up on the railway end bank for 6.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Brought great balance to the side, which we really felt as he became increasingly unavailable in the last couple of years.

Always loved watching him bat, you knew no matter what the match situation was, or how long he'd been at the crease, if he thought it was there to be hit he'd smash it.

Top 5 moments
1) 6fer on debut v Pakistan
2) Class 80 to dig NZ out of a whole v England in the 2nd test in 2018 helping to lock up a series win.
3) Match-turning 60 v SA in the 2019 WC
4) Incredible WC final performance where he managed to score half of NZ's runs without even using his bat and then produced a McGrath-esque spell with the ball.
5) Century vs SA coming in at sfa/5 against a rampant Rabada

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully he gets another outing or two for Auckland / Aces on EPOO. Always enjoy his nonchalant 7-iron chips that end up on the railway end bank for 6.
Colin's batting was the undoubted highlight of last year's super smash. Was just incredible fun cracking open a couple of beers and chuckling at every lethargic swipe that ended up about 20 metres over the fence. Haven't seen anyone look that disdainful of domestic bowling since Jesse retired.

Howsie

International Captain
would be good to see northern districts using their own players again instead of stealing everyone elses. i know what the response will be. ND's last long term black cap debuted in 2015.

the blues of cricket.
Darryl Mitchell says hi

Howsie

International Captain
he must have a very loud voice to say hello from canterbury. i'll trade him in your narrative for corey j since you'll claim him.
Mitchell made his test debut while he was still playing up here. Come on now.

Corey Anderson was a 120kg mess who was pissing away his career before we sorted him out. Big big difference. He hadnt played international cricket before he came up