• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DDD - Draft by Debut Decade

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Following the relative success of my first venture into conducting a draft, I have decided to organise another one. There should be less controversy than my Restricted Draft as the rules are straight forward and don't involve syllables or surname debates.

Participants select players who made their debut in different decades. The decades are 1960s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s. You can pick no more than 2 debutants from each decade and no more than 2 players from any Test nation.

Draft order is by randomiser for Rounds 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 with the order reversed for Rounds 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.
Round 11 will be decided on the basis of earlier randomising so that those most disadvantaged obtain the earliest picks. Confused? see page 17 of Restricted draft.

There will be a limit of 12 participants.

When making a selection, please indicate the decade in which they made their debut.

Hoping to see my previous co-draftees along with a couple more.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
LL - is it possible to run all randomizers at once so we know the full order for all rounds? just a feedback from last time - sometimes the draft ran slowly due to us not having the orders and people running clueless about when their pick is on. I think if we have all the orders for all rounds together we'd know exactly when to sleep and when to pick.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Just to double check as you mention Test nations - when we are looking at their debut dates it is debut in Test cricket rather than international cricket more widely

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
LL - is it possible to run all randomizers at once so we know the full order for all rounds? just a feedback from last time - sometimes the draft ran slowly due to us not having the orders and people running clueless about when their pick is on. I think if we have all the orders for all rounds together we'd know exactly when to sleep and when to pick.
Fair request - will do.

Just to double check as you mention Test nations - when we are looking at their debut dates it is debut in Test cricket rather than international cricket more widely
Their debut refers to their Test debut. In the case of someone like Kepler Wessels he has 2 debuts - one with Australia and one with South Africa. In his case you would need to specify which country you are choosing him from as there is a limit of 2 from each Test country.

Teuton

International Captain
Was going to sit this one out but the other one is finishing soon so i do have time now.

In.