• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daren Ganga on Gayle's Captaincy

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Rajarshi Gupta: Has Chris Gayle been able to live up to the legacy of Clive Lloyd and Vivian Richard?

Daren Ganga: No way, maan. Gayle has been extremely selfish with team selection. Since he is from Jamaica, he picks up all his players from Jamaica.

That has been the problem with West Indies cricket. We have a lot of nepotism and favouritism in the game and consequently progress has been hampered. What cricket in the Caribbean needs now is a strong leader, who can instil more passion in the boys.

Gayle maybe a very good player and the records speak for him but I think he has failed as a leader. His man management skills have been poor and the team has suffered badly.
The skipper has not really done enough to motivate our bunch.

Ganga accuses Gayle of nepotism | ESPNSTAR.com

Last edited:

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Daren Ganga says ESPN article a complete fabrication

Following is the full text of a statement released today by Captain of the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Team Mr. Daren Ganga as it pertains to an article published by ESNPStar:

I would like to make it abundantly clear that the interview published by ESPNStar.com today, Tuesday October 27th 2009, purportedly between me and one Rajarshi Gupta is a complete and utter fabrication.

I participated in no such interview nor did I make comments which are attributed to me in the article. I do not know Mr. Gupta nor can I recall meeting anyone by that name whilst I was in India.

The article leaves me baffled but I suspect that this vicious and mischievous attack may be designed to sow discord.

I have provided these facts to the West Indies Players Association and have asked the President and CEO Mr. Dinanath Ramnarine to contact ESPNStar and demand a complete retraction and a public apology on my behalf. Should this not be forthcoming I will be forced to seek legal advice on the matter.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 October 2009 16:28
Daren Ganga says ESPN article a complete fabrication

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is there any chance anyone could put Daren Ganga's name in the thread title right?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Guess with Ganga's name in the news so much the writer decided to get some publicity off him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'd think if he's fabricated the whole thing he'd lose his job though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ganga is the Mike Brearley of modern day WI cricket. But i think the WI can do without picking him again & letting Gayle continue to skipper.

shivfan

Banned
Interestingly, the link at the top of this page doesn't work, so it looks like ESPN has pulled the story....

Also, Ganga is Trinidadian. When did he start speaking with a Jamaican accent?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
obviously cooked up and can't be difficult for them to get a guy to try and mimick Ganga's voice and say those stuff... It is quite common by two cent guys who wanna make their name as jounos to throw out such stuff. won't really be surprised if it was approved by ESPNStar with full knowledge that it was false juz to ensure few more hits to their site. Such is the world these days.. :(

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
obviously cooked up and can't be difficult for them to get a guy to try and mimick Ganga's voice and say those stuff... It is quite common by two cent guys who wanna make their name as jounos to throw out such stuff. won't really be surprised if it was approved by ESPNStar with full knowledge that it was false juz to ensure few more hits to their site. Such is the world these days.. :(
TBF, I think it's fairly safe to say that false reporting isn't a new phenomenon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also didn't notice but :laugh: at the supposed "legacy" of captaincy of Viv Richards, who most rated an average captain at best who simply played with a team full of superstars and was in the right place at the right time. Worrell and Lloyd would be more appropriate - maybe even Worrell and Sobers.