• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Damien Martyn

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never bought it. He never seemed to have any trouble against it in ODIs, maybe he just figured it out by the 1999ish but then never got another chance at Tests
Yeah he never really had trouble against anyone but England for some weird reason. He made decent runs (albeit as an all rounder) vs Ambrose and Walsh, daybooed strongly vs the Ws and played against some decent Shield attacks in an era where the decks were reasonably fast and helped the bowlers a bit.

His problems vs the short ball against England are one of the stranger things I've seen in such a good player. I mean, they weren't even that good an attack ffs.