• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Damien Martyn

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Marto has to stay his had had some shockers in this series has with Hayden i'll back him to come good for the final test...

twctopcat

International Regular
Josh said:
Does anyone else realise that this guy is always in a form slump until it's hinted his place in the team is on the line, and then he gives everyone false hope with a few good innings, only to drop straight back into a slump??

That's the way I'm seeing it at the moment. Why don't we tell him every match could be his last he might end up scoring 3,000 runs in a calendar year!!
The old Trescothick.

twctopcat

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err yeah, he's just clinging on to his place in the team, which is why he averages what... 48 in test cricket?

Find me a team in the world which wouldn't take Martyn in 5 seconds and I'll give you your point.
He averages 48 overall but it is the low-20 odd average this series which people are referring to. He has had a couple of dodgy decisions but some dopey thinking regarding shot selection and running has made him look pretty stupid to be honest.

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
well really, it's hard when everytime you start to look like making runs, the umpire gives you out