• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson vs Steyn has never really been much of a debate anywhere except in certain dumb sections of the English media.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Meh if you watch the video it just points out exactly where their differences in effectiveness lie rather than trying to put it forward as a final answer to an eternal debate.

OverratedSanity

Yeah I was about to post that. Great read.

He says he wants to prove people wrong and play on till he's 38 and I really hope he does. Him being constantly injured has been a huge loss for test cricket over the last year.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That tidbit with Punter utterly disregarding him seems familiar. Maybe it was Steyn but I remember a couple of years ago a player in an interview mentioning they were quite upset with Ponting giving the cold-shoulder in the post-match handshakes.

Fantastic interview anyway.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Rather interesting comment from him about the kookabura. Everyone else reckons it doesn't swing while he reckons it swings the most.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Also Steyn is the greatest player in the history of the omniverse. Love love this man.
I don't know of another cricketer of our generation that I have nothing but the greatest love and appreciation for in such a wholesomeway.
There are various cricketers I have loved in this decade, but they always have something going against them.
KP - great batsman but can be bit of a dick.
Misbah - great cricketer for his country, great captain, awesome ambassador of the game, but perhaps not an ATG batsman
Amir - nuff said
YK - ATG batsman but his temperamental nature has caused off field problems for the team at times
Anderson - great bowler but again a bit of a dick.

Steyn is the only cricketer of his generation where the genuine admiration for his skills is only matched by a genuine respect for the person that he comes across as.

A great great ambassador for South African cricket. I really really hope he inspires an entire generation of young South Africans to become great fast bowlers.
Back in the 90s, I used to be a massive fan of Donald. I think until about 2011-12, I would still say Donald was the greatest bowler, not necessarily based on reason, but just the fact that I loved Donald so much and felt he got done by injuries, but over the years I have now accepted wholeheartedly that Donald is the second greatest bowler from South Africa.

PS: The Cricket Monthly is the greatest thing to happen to cricket journalism today.

Last edited:

Daemon

He mentioned Rabada a couple of times. Good to know that the young guy has a good role model and teammate guiding him.