• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time - 2017 Edition

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Man I gotta say I gave up after a while because the clicking was annoying and I also couldn't decide. Didn't foresee the issue with the >25 players when I made the suggestion tbf. Will eventually do it when I'm bored I guess.
Take all the time in the world until it's too late. Means more votes for me.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe someone spent 3 hours and 39 mins to complete this. I hope they got interrupted by something in the middle.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to delete one of the votes. The person with an Indian IP has clearly provided fake news.
Wait is that because you suspect some double voting or feel his votes don't match up with your idea of what a top 25 should look like

bagapath

International Captain
I can't believe someone spent 3 hours and 39 mins to complete this. I hope they got interrupted by something in the middle.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to delete one of the votes. The person with an Indian IP has clearly provided fake news.
I've an Indian ip. What about my votes? You want me to send you my top 6 to cross check?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Done couple of days back. It was so tough to choose the top 25 from 50 quality players but enjoyed it.
Nufan, If you see a Japan ip, I am that guy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Baggers and honest you guys don't need to prove anything to me, I believe you and I'm enjoying the lists everyone, keep them coming (16 so far).

jaideep

U19 12th Man
I have an Indian IP too.I completed the survey 2 days back.Should I send you my top 5 players for you to check Nufan?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Here is the link for the voting page once more.

I regret mentioning it was an Indian IP. I was just curious to see when I noticed the picks were bogus.

So basically the person had their picks 3 through 25 all in a row alphabetically. There's just no way someone actually thinks that.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what makes you think the second list is fake? its probably mine. i have fairbrother high up because i like the bloke

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Here is the link for the voting page once more.

I regret mentioning it was an Indian IP. I was just curious to see when I noticed the picks were bogus.

So basically the person had their picks 3 through 25 all in a row alphabetically. There's just no way someone actually thinks that.
Here's what. I started off by eliminating players until there were 25 left. Those 25 remaining players were sorted alphabetically by default. Drag and drop to rank the players wasn't working well. Maybe it was my browser (Firefox), maybe it was the survey design. I don't know. I don't care. The only way to proceed was to rank each player one by one, which would have been fine too, but I wasn't in a particularly patient mood and the tediousness of it all made me give up and close the window.

If I had sorted out #1 and #2, then given up and clicked submit instead, you'd have received a list similar to the 'bogus' one you mention.

It wasn't a 'bogus' submission. Chances are pretty slim that there was any deception involved there. It was most likely someone else fed up with this particular input process. Personally speaking, I know I'd have been more likely to have mailed you a plain and simple list of my top 25 instead.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Agar: bogus/fake/not the users actual opinion = same thing to me. I'm not going to count it. It sucks if Firefox or your version of Firefox and the way you're setup didn't work. Chrome worked well not by dragging but by using the drop down number and waiting half a second for the player to move to that position. The flaw in the survey is that you must say no to so many. Cheers for voting.

Mister, chill. Yours was absolutely fine. It was easy to tell your selections as you included some of the guys that you nominated which is completely normal. Mate I get paid to investigate amongst other things, I found it easy to identify.

I'm really not scrutinising everyone's picks that much. I had an lookup open and decided to use it. #iplgate

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Gave up after 5 minutes or so :(

EDIT: Done after some effort. If I put this much effort in managing my taxes, I would save lot of money.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Done. Took really long to trim it down to 25 and then ranking them was just next to impossible. Definitely would've been harder than creating my own list imo, happy with the survey method.