• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWC11 Causalty Report

MyLord

School Boy/Girl Captain
World Cup Casualty Report
====================

Dethroned
Grame Smith (SAF) Voluntary
Ricky Ponting (AUS) Nudged Out
Vettori (NZL) Voluntary

Retirements (Planned)
Shoaib Akhter (PAK)
Brett Lee (AUS)
Muralitharan (SL)
Tait (AUS)
Steve Tikolo (KEN)

Retirements (Involuntary/Probable/Speculative)
K Akmal (Reports) - for general Kakmality
M Yardy (ENG) - for general mehness
P Collingwood (ENG) - old and out of form
Chanderpaul (WI) - Doddering ancient
Razzak (PAK) - Age and Pakistan Roullete
Younis (PAK) - Age and Pakistan Routllete
Tendulkar (IND) - Alexander Syndrome

Fizzled Out Before the Tournament
Jayasurya
Vaas

=======

I am sure I am missing plenty more. Can you suggest omissions or conjectures who is up for the Axe?

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think it's very unlikely that Mike Yardy will play for England again. Collingwood is a possibility.

This should finish Matt Prior as an ODI player, but then he was finished as an ODI player before the Ashes too.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
====================

Dethroned
Vettori (NZL) Voluntary
Sammy (WI) Kicked out

Retirements (Planned)
Shoaib Akhter (PAK)
Brett Lee (AUS)
Muralitharan (SL)
Tait (AUS)
Steve Tikolo (KEN)
Sachin Tendulkar (IND) - For winning the cup and scoring 100 100's

Retirements (Involuntary/Probable)
K Akmal (Reports)
Shiv (Old Age)
Younis Khan
Abdul Razzak
Jayasurya
Vaas

=======

I am sure I am missing plenty more. Can you suggest omissions or conjectures who is up for the Axe?
I have fixed it for you.

BTW what do people think about Zak. Will he retire if Indian wins the cup? IMO he is the greatest fast bowler to have played for India.

MyLord

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think its unlikely Zak will retire atm tbh.

He has lost his nip, but still remains effective. There is absolutely no one waiting in the wings to claim his spot. The management seem to treat him with respect - plan his workload very carefully, given a free hand in tactical decision on field (both self and other bowlers). He still makes a vital contribution with the ball and presence.

He does have a 3 year IPL contract, so he is committed to playing another three years professionally atleast. Why not ODI as well then?

Teja.

Global Moderator
It's close with Srinath but it's ridiculous to even compare him with Kapil. Kapil performed for 15+ years without missing even one game at the level Zaheer has been doing for the last four years since the 2007 WC while still suffering from injuries every other series.

Kapil's performances against the WI both home and away are the stuff of legend. His 9-83 in an Innings on an very flat Ahmedabad pitch where he was pretty much the only person good enough to get into the team as a bowler against a very strong WI batting line-up while suffering from a knee injury has a good case to be among the greatest cricketing feats ever, IMO.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Amar Singh tbh.

But yea, Singh and Nissar aside, has to be Kapil. I'd put Zak on par with Srinath now.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was always a fan of Srinath, but I reckon Zaheer is bowling better at this moment in time than Srinath ever did. So much more of a canny operator. The WC final will be a huge match for him, I'm sure he still has regrets over 2003.

And he definitely should stick around for another 4-5 years at least, he looks like a man who knows his game and his body inside out, just needs to make sure he peaks at the right times.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Srinath was quicker than Zaheer and had an awesome inswinger but Zaheer is just so much better with his variations and reverse swing. Srinath is also the only bowler who bowled lots of 150Kmph balls for India in the early to mid 90s. Only genuine fast bowler that I have seen play for India.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely you mean he had an awesome inswinger? Srinath hardly got the ball to move away.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea, Srinath got epic inswing and was our only real pure pacer.
But Srinath over his career was more consistent, reason why I put him and Zak on par. Zak for the last 4 years or so > all. From 1st Jan 2007, he has 142 test wickets with a SR of 51.6 and and an average of 28.17. Away from India the figures drop to 45.9 and 26.28. WAG.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't think we can say Ponting was nudged out when we have no evidence of that being the case, tbh.

tooextracool

International Coach
====================

Dethroned
Vettori (NZL) Voluntary

Retirements (Planned)
Shoaib Akhter (PAK)
Brett Lee (AUS)
Muralitharan (SL)
Tait (AUS)
Steve Tikolo (KEN)

Retirements (Involuntary/Probable/Speculative)
K Akmal (Reports) - for general Kakmality
M Yardy (ENG) - for general mehness
P Collingwood (ENG) - old and out of form
Chanderpaul (WI) - Doddering ancient
Razzak (PAK) - Age and Pakistan Roullete
Younis (PAK) - Age and Pakistan Routllete
Tendulkar (IND) - Alexander Syndrome

Jayasurya
Vaas

=======

Umm Razzaq? Hes 31, if he were Australian he'd be making his debut right about now. Far from finished if you ask me.