• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft Premier League Quarterfinal 2 JOJOXI vs Honest Hunks

Vote the second semifinalist

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Match-upTeam 1Team 2VenuePitch Conditions
2JOJOXIvsHonest HunksSabina Park, JamaicaLooks like a pitch of the olden days and expected to assist sheer pace throughout the day. With good pace off the pitch, we also expect run scoring to be faster. Looks like very less assistance for spinners

Honest Hunks

Aamir Sohail (8)
Jacques Kallis (2)
Brian Lara
Doug Walters (7)
Michael Bevan
AB De Villiers (wk)
Shahid Afridi (5)
Darren Sammy (6)(c)
Sunil Narine (3)
Rashid Khan (4)
Nuwan Kulasekara (1)

JOJOXI

Planned overs bowled in brackets

Alex Hales
Jason Roy
Kane Williamson
Everton Weekes
Marcus Trescothick (wk)
Mike Procter (9, 15)
Imran Khan (10, 12, 16)
Richard Hadlee (1, 3, 5, 14)
Wasim Akram (2, 7, 17, 19)
Joel Garner (4, 6, 18, 20)
Muttiah Muralitharan (8, 11, 13)

Poll closes in 5 days

Teuton

International Captain
Is it just me or does a lot about these 2 teams not make sense?

I don't want to vote for a team where Trescothick is keeping and batting 5, with 6 great bowlers but only 20 overs to get through But the other team is holding its best batsman back until 6. I would have opened with Lara & Afridi.

Himannv

International Coach
Voting for JOJO but I think he's lucky to get away with Trescothick with the gloves.

hb is a bit unlucky due to his best bowlers being spinners and this being a pacy wicket. I agree with Teuton that the batting order could do with some tweaking as well. I've been thinking about Aamir Sohail a bit and I think he's another one of those Pakistani batsmen who would have taken to T20s like a duck to water.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Voting for JOJO but I think he's lucky to get away with Trescothick with the gloves.

hb is a bit unlucky due to his best bowlers being spinners and this being a pacy wicket. I agree with Teuton that the batting order could do with some tweaking as well. I've been thinking about Aamir Sohail a bit and I think he's another one of those Pakistani batsmen who would have taken to T20s like a duck to water.
Honestly, I am only playing Kallis coz I did not have enough seamers otherwise for a pacy wicket. Still think this side would defend whatever we get irrespective of tracks. And we will get a LOT with that batting.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Is it just me or does a lot about these 2 teams not make sense?

I don't want to vote for a team where Trescothick is keeping and batting 5, with 6 great bowlers but only 20 overs to get through But the other team is holding its best batsman back until 6. I would have opened with Lara & Afridi.
Trescothick with the gloves was due to lack of alternatives, in hindsight, I'd have gone more aggressively for AB de Villiers but only person who can really keep in my side and thought playing him at 5 meant he was way out of position but everyone else in a suitable position rather than having an opener at 3, Williamson at 4, Weekes at 5 who I really wanted at 4.

With the bowling, just like the security of a 6th bowler - Jadeja away with India and I think Procter is good enough to play at 6 especially with batting security further down of Imran Khan and Richard Hadlee.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, unlucky for HB to get this track having taken a strong spinner quartet of Rashid Khan, Afridi, Narine and Aubrey Faulkner.

And agree that the batting order could have been tweaked a bit. A top 4 of Afridi, Lara, ABDV and Walters in T20 is daunting.