• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Dev League Archive

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just sent off Season 1. Took a good hour or so to convert.

I'll send Seasons 8 and 9 (don't need to be converted) later tonight and potentially Seasons 2 and 3.

Terrific job btw. Keep it up. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW Towns, you can save Excel files in HTML format, might be easier than having an image load up :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Probably will end up doing that, the stuff up there right now is more of a short term solution (ie all I had available on my work PC).

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just an idea, why doesn't Towns take over control of the CW XI website? Xavier, coincidentally, just said how he wanted to give it up. Towns for webmaster!

Loony BoB

International Captain
While I'm more than happy to keep it up to date with stuff like scorecards, stats and so on, I'm not sure if I'll be any good when it comes to the 'creative writing' aspect of it. If there are people willing to type out the player profiles, team profiles / history, etc, then I should be able to code it up for everyone and put it online.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again, I'm sure Kenny and I can help :p

Though we'd need Liam to give us stats, previous seasons results, etc. I've got no problems doing it, sure Kenny would be the same.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Stats should be taken care of - I can just upload the ones from Liam directly to online since they're already html, and I can obviously get my stuff coded up. The full-seasons stats are in the Statistics & Records subforum and are updated at the end of each season, so that should be good enough for me. As for new players, we'll just leave them blank until the end of the season. If you want stats so you can think up blurbs for players from them, just check out sign-in forms and long-term stats.

Any help you and Kenny can provide though will be great. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we do get some player profiles going, we can probably even link to player debuts at FC and OD level, which is more than Cricinfo does.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
While I'm more than happy to keep it up to date with stuff like scorecards, stats and so on, I'm not sure if I'll be any good when it comes to the 'creative writing' aspect of it.
Think of it as a poem without structure.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Seasons 1 & 2 are now up - still a few scorecards & results to be put up for them but I think it should be done by the end of the day, if not then tomorrow.