• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season ten

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Squeaky bum time:

End of Over 12: 45-3, runrate=3.75, reqrunrate=0.74 (72-10)
Hirst 1-0-2-1
Boardley* 1 (2 balls)
Janes 18 (16 balls)
Last Wicket: Platt b. Hirst 9 (FOW: 44/3)

28 runs needed, but Boardley is my last real batsman. Can he and Janes hold it together?

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Uh, I think I just won.

And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 7 wickets.
Withington Wonderers 72-10
Beard XI 73-3

::checks again::

Yep, I've definitely won. Freaky.

Bobisback

International Regular
Not confident at all against you next week. Your team are the giant killers. Luckily my team isnt a giant though.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
bobisback said:
Not confident at all against you next week. Your team are the giant killers. Luckily my team isnt a giant though.
Hmm, I'd better start talking your chances up now. Seeing as you've got four bowlers as good as or better than my best bowler, though, I don't think there's much need. Such manifest superiority will not go unpunished by the mighty Beard. :D

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Uh, I think I just won.

And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 7 wickets.
Withington Wonderers 72-10
Beard XI 73-3

::checks again::

Yep, I've definitely won. Freaky.
DAMMIT!

Checked in twice today. The first time, I just couldn't believe it. The second time, I'd almost lost.

DAMN YOU!

*shakes fist in rage*

*rolls up sleeves*

Reed is gonna get himself a whuppin' tonight...

Seriously though, congrats in the win, and good luck in the semis.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Heh, if that road sign were anywhere near my house it wouldn't last five minutes. :)

Cheers, anyway; a massive slice of luck, obviously, but this is what I love about Oleary - he always puts me in with a chance.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Heh, if that road sign were anywhere near my house it wouldn't last five minutes. :)
I was actually trying to find one that's on the A55 just after you cross into Wales. Just a big "!" with "Badgers" below it.

Well, I suppose they're scarier than leeks, male voice choirs and Charlotte Church...

nibbs

International Captain
End of Over 39: 185-1, runrate=4.74
Allison 8-0-35-0
Ashton* 99 (111 balls)
Wilde 34 (64 balls)

Last Wicket: Howland b. Denvers 48 (FOW: 110/1)

hmm. floodgates about to open

nibbs

International Captain
End of Over 50: 257-5, runrate=5.14
Winters 10-0-72-2
Watkins* 25 (23 balls)
Whitehorne 16 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Lancaster lbw b. Winters 1 (FOW: 227/5)

will need clegg and duggan to deliver the goods here if this is to happen. decent effort to restrict asterix to this tbh

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit low, but not too bad given the conditions. Think there will be less than 50 runs in it.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Curtains for nibblet. Minor consolation for the loss of the Chopper Challenge trophy.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Semi-finals:

1: Four Pillars and Poor Fillers (4913) vs Beard XI (10135)
2: Asterix XI (1766) vs Central Districts (6385)

Plate semi-finals:

Alternative XI (4412) vs Sad Decadent XI (6708)
Tawonga Tigers (4929) vs Kipper XI (4666)