• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (Season 11)

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
1. Cymru Gurgitaters
2. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
10. 'Speersy'? (What's your team name mate?)
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC
14. Swamibapa Leeds CC
15. Anchormen
16. Alternative XI?

Question mark's there as Alters can't access CW ATM, for some reason beyond his comprehension. Guess he's going to have to discuss that one with James, but in the mean time I'm including him, we can make an exception with away sides making the effort to challenge him etc, and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out.

Later, trev

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
1. Cymru Gurgitaters
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC
14. Swamibapa Leeds CC
15. Anchormen
16. Alternative XI?
17. Dalmeny Cricket Club
18. Got Spin

Nooga and Hing both on board, shaping up nicely!

Pass the word around, I'd ideally like to close entries on Monday, so I can work out groups and fixtures, with a view to getting it on for next Sunday (14th)

Later, Trev

Uberman

Cricket Spectator
QUOTE=trevor_vayro;1751861]1. Cymru Gurgitaters
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC
14. Swamibapa Leeds CC
15. Anchormen
16. Alternative XI?
17. Dalmeny Cricket Club
18. Got Spin
19. Pontif's XI

We would be honoured if you would accept our entry.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Yep, I'm in for one last shake of the stick. Can't see me improving on last season's result, though. :)

1. Cymru Gurgitaters
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC
14. Swamibapa Leeds CC
15. Anchormen
16. Alternative XI?
17. Dalmeny Cricket Club
18. Got Spin
19. Pontif's XI
20. Beard XI

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
I've been pondering on some rules of engagement for the Cup. Given, as is likely, we get a number of entrants which doesn't easily divide down into a knock-out stage (i.e. 16/32/64 etc), it would be better if we could have another way of determining second places, other than NRR. Therefore I'm proposing a system of bonus points, to help pick out the best second places. What I'd thought of was 4 for a win, two for a tie, 1 for scoring over 280, 1 for restricting your opponent to less than 200, and a losing bonus point, if the margin of victory is less than or equal to fifty runs or five wickets.

That way, you could get a maximum of two points from a hard-fought defeat, and have some margin of compensation if you find yourself in a tougher group than other second placed sides. Anyway, post your thoughts, I'm away from the computer over the weekend, so nothing will be decided until then. Tell lingerers to hurry up, as I hope to close the books and draw groups and fixtures late on Monday, UK time that is.

Thoughts? Trev

PY

International Coach
I'm in, cheers for the mail Trev.

Unfortunately I'm still in the Cup (playing Sriram on Sunday actually) so no idea when I'll be able to join properly. Could be this week though, Sriram has been getting some pretty awesome ratings recently.

Bobisback

International Regular
I'm in, cheers for the mail Trev.

Unfortunately I'm still in the Cup (playing Sriram on Sunday actually) so no idea when I'll be able to join properly. Could be this week though, Sriram has been getting some pretty awesome ratings recently.
Nah, we're full sorry. :ph34r:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
1. Cymru Gurgitaters
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC
14. Swamibapa Leeds CC
15. Anchormen
16. Alternative XI?
17. Dalmeny Cricket Club
18. Got Spin
19. Pontif's XI
20. Beard XI
21. Boggles
22. Oz Fans XI

Open for another hour or so, while I check up on Batstat rankings, previous performances, and whether anyone's still in the BT Cup.

Hopefully we'll get at least another two entries. I'll post this on the main Battrick thread as well.

Later, trev

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I will probably go through this Cup undefeated, you know that? 'tis surely time for a BT Cup where I don't choke and bow out to some second rate side...

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Rob,
Do you know where I could find that post of yours, which listed the winners, finalists, semi-finalists and quarter-finalists of the previous CW Cups? I can't find it anywhere. If so, please could you re-post it up here for me?

IF I do ever find it, seedings will be based on Batstats +12 for a win, 8 for a final, 4 for a semi and 2 for a quarter.

Nooga and Smith have byes through to the knock-out stage

Later, Trev

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Rob,
Do you know where I could find that post of yours, which listed the winners, finalists, semi-finalists and quarter-finalists of the previous CW Cups? I can't find it anywhere. If so, please could you re-post it up here for me?

IF I do ever find it, seedings will be based on Batstats +12 for a win, 8 for a final, 4 for a semi and 2 for a quarter.

Nooga and Smith have byes through to the knock-out stage

Later, Trev
The posts are by nibbs, not Rob Trev. I'd look them up for you but I'm a lazy lazy man.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Here it is Trev: http://cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1690519&postcount=418

And this is what teams will have added on (I couldn't be bothered filtering out all the teams that aren't in it):

Asterix XI +64
Whenuapai CC +48
Withington Wonderers +20
Boggles +18
Four Pillars +14
Jaffna Jets +8
Beard XI +8
Anchormen +14
Magical Ponies +8
College Dropouts +12
Cymru Gurgitaters +8
Jamee +8
Citizens Erased +8
Dynamo Morpork +6
Central Districts +6
VCC +6
Dalmeny CC +4
AA for Pres +4
Bushpigs +4
Lancashire +4
Vindscreen Vipers +2
Viveash +2
Got Spin +2
Pup +2

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Trev, have you had any word from Adam and Nibbs? It wouldn't be right to have the comp without 'em.

Is there any way to include them, perhaps with byes? After all, they are a long way ahead of the rest of us.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Cheers for that, Rob, I was being an arse, searching your posts, instead of just going to the CW Cup 10 thread in the first place.

Re: Adam and Nibbs, I have BTmailed both, and this thread has been top of the list for over a week now, so I'm not sure what to do. All I can suggest is that we go ahead with a group stage now. The winners qualify automatically, with the four best second-places playing off against Smith, Nooga, Adam and Nibbs in a repechage round, for a place in the quarters. If some/all of them can't be arsed to join up for another three weeks, then some lucky second place gets a walk-over.

But you'd have to make thoughts or objections PDQ, as I'm going for a lunch-time pint, then I'm going to draw groups some time after two o'clock UK time.

For interest, this is the seedings for the groups,

Seedings (Batstats+Cup Weighting)
1. Boggles-223
1. Withington Wonderers-216
1. Anchormen-214
1. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers-195
1. Magical Ponies 194
2. Jaffna Jets 190
2. Cymru Gurgitaters-189
2. Connells Estates CC-181
2. Lancashire-180
2. Beard XI-173
3. Got Spin-152
3. Victoria Panthers-148
3. Tawonga Tigers-142
3. Alternative XI-135
3. Kipper XI-130
4. Swamibapa Leeds CC-114
4. Oz Fans XI-104
4. Best Indies-90
4. The Pontif's XI-88
4. The Roosters-36

For people who haven't supplied a Batstats ranking, I've taken it from their last OD match 28/11

Later, Trev

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, Nibbs isn't in this either? Include them both... I'm sure the only reason they haven't posted yet is because they haven't been able to get on the net. Definitely wouldn't be right without them.

Although... nibbs has recently sold all his good players, so he won't be setting the cup on fire in any case.