• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 28th April - 4th May

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The CW Awards Team

Position vacant (Milestones)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
Son Of Coco (Skull)
Positions vacant: Tony Greig, Marsh/Lillee, Agarkar/Mohammed, Jimmy Adams, & FIAB

All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net. PLEASE NOMINATE guys, we judges don’t read every thread and it’s easy to miss hugely worthy stuff.

I'd like to reintroduce the A\M, Jimmy and FIAB Awards, and also a Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge them. So if you fancy it – this very much includes those who’ve judged them in the past – please email me at RJED2@AOL.com confirming your interest.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: a massive zebra for this, a fine post on a complex subject.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: Athlai for this, has had some great posts, on one of the most thought-provoking matters of them all.

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one-liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: Burgey for this, rather bitter are those Australians. :ph34r:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: andruid, really impressive stuff last week, accross a wide range of threads. Honourable mentions too to weldone and (again) Burgey

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: SJS, a very familiar face here, but un-ignore-able. Top-quality as always. :cool:

The Gatting-vs-Rana Award (Best debate of the week)
And the Winners are: myself and SJS vs KaZoH0lic and social for this, good debate at the start, just started to go around in circles towards the end. :wacko:

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week)
After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen.
And the Winner is: Prince EWS for his sig, which as of this post states "Richard has replied" followed by a quote from me. Honourable mention to Edmunds for this too mind.

The Mike Hussey Award (Best newcomer of recent times [less then 500 posts])
Not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket”.
And the Winner is: Migara, like DaRick last week, been around a little while but makes an excellent early impression.

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
SS has probably made some programme that auto-responds with a dire when he gets constantly snubbed

congrats to all winners

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SS has probably made some programme that auto-responds with a dire when he gets constantly snubbed

congrats to all winners
That would not be a bad idea actually. Of course, James might not be so happy about my spiders spamming his web server constantly looking for a post :p.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good work Richard for somehow being part of half the awards, even if you didn't really win any of them.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to the winners...I have only one question...how are the winners selected? By vote? Or by your choice?...I mean is there a standard procedure of selection? If there's none, then I suggest there should be one....Just a question and a suggestion...Thanks...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to the winners...I have only one question...how are the winners selected? By vote? Or by your choice?...I mean is there a standard procedure of selection? If there's none, then I suggest there should be one....Just a question and a suggestion...Thanks...
There is an Awards team appointed by themselves and they can choose whatever they want. Richard selects a large proportion of the awards.

Something like this is fine IMO as long as people still enjoy it, though I have my own personal thoughts on the matter and its well known I withdrew and was asked not be be considered for anything a long time ago.

However, congrats to all winners :)

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Richard, you kindly put the names of all the possible awards with their meanings at one place so that it becomes easy for members to nominate...