• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 26 March to 2nd April

archie mac

International Coach
Please remember this is a bit of fun, and is not designed to upset anyone:)

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: luckeddie for this click here Showing humour and not a little cricket knowledge to boot.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is:Matt79 for this click here

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:Marc71178 click here and yes I was the judge this week, sorry Richard but it made me laugh

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: jot1 has been zooming around the threads this week. Well done jot1

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: PY click here this was a hard one this week, don’t any of you want to win the Greigy? And good to see PY put his hand up click here

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is:TIF for this click here slur on an entire nation. Don’t worry TIF NZs always forgive for underhand dealings just ask GSC

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Pedro Delgado. Has shown some good cricket sense this week. Well done PD

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Sanz. On the top of his game this week, and some very impressive posts. Well done Sanz.

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: C_C. Seems to be arguing with 8 people on 5 different threads at a time. Annoys the Aussies the most, not sure why though with posts like this click here Keep it up C_C never a dull moment with you around.:ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Is this for real ? I dont think I deserved the award, but anyways, I am just happy to be on this list. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes its for real - we tend to confer over most if not all awards.

However I take no responsibility for the award of the humour this week.

archie mac

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Yes its for real - we tend to confer over most if not all awards.

However I take no responsibility for the award of the humour this week.
Who won the awards? I have just returned from a weeks holidays :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
dontcloseyoureyes said:
You're also the greatest over-reacter.

Yes, probably when it comes to the Indian cricket team...I do tend to get down on them a lot since the Mumbai test.

Regardless, I was still robbed. :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hey Sanz i just noticed that you have bestowed a special little honour on my humble soul.:happy:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
silentstriker said:
Yes, probably when it comes to the Indian cricket team...I do tend to get down on them a lot since the Mumbai test.

Regardless, I was still robbed. :ph34r:
You'll need a duck if you want to reach the top

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
silentstriker said:
Err...a what?
If you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you - but I'll make a deal with you.

If you can come up with a post a tenth as clever as the one I've just done about Scott Styris in the New Zealand thread by the end of the week (and it took me about 5 minutes to come up with the idea), I'll gladly lend you the 'best post' crown.