• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 21-28 May

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Craig 12,000 posts
Pothas 1,000 posts

A little light on for humour this last week people, so email me if you see any quality :laugh: this week please

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: C_C for this click here Never responds to these awards, but does not mean you can’t still be a winner :dry:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: AussieDominance for this click here did not create the debate I though it might.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: no winner this week, a little disappointing has we have had up to three top quality posts in some weeks.

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono, Involved in both the SL V Eng and the WI V Ind threads, plus a few others, where does he find the time?:wacko:

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Neil Pickup click here I have been waiting to ‘pick up Neil’ on something (get it!) :cool:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: chris.hinton click here F

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Goughy, even without Richard to ‘help make his creative juices flow’, has posted with a lot of knowledge this past week

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No one has quite reached the standard this week, although a few posters were quite close.

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: alternative, was close to a number of awards this week, so I thought he should receive something for a good week of posting.

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week, only because I did not want to award it again to the same person. (not that he did not deserve it)

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to all winners and thanks for the Boycs.

Some swear by inspiration, others perspiration but I would support the theory that my posts have been the product of the stress of launching a business, a preggers missus and an overall lack of beer putting fire in my ample belly.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
C_Cs post rightly deserved the Afridi but I think few could have argued if Hintons post of pure genius had scooped the award.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I have some pics of the 1st day at Edgbaston.......just sorting them out in photoshop.....all 87 of them :crazy: It's gonna take me a while!!!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
congrats to all winners...a special congrats to chris on his best post in these forums so far!:)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Anna said:
I have some pics of the 1st day at Edgbaston.......just sorting them out in photoshop.....all 87 of them :crazy: It's gonna take me a while!!!!
I do about 150 a night, the boring part of what I do, but necessary

I reckon we should all put Hinton's h in our sigs, he probably wouldn't get it..

Last edited:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Tis true. There are some pretty good ones in there somewhere I think.........that camera is v good, thanks so much for selling it to me :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Best CW awards so far. :) Great Work as usual by Archie man.

Also I thought I was going to win the Tony Greig award but Craig and Liam's open recommendation hurt my chances, not to forget Mr. Pickup 'Grovelling' prediction.

archie mac

International Coach
Anna said:
Great, some competition, I look forward to seeing them :)