• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 7-21 of May

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

luckyeddie 16,000 posts
James 6,000 posts
age _ master 12,000 posts

I am thinking of making these awards a fortnightly event? As it is quite an effort to put them together. Marc is also quite busy at the moment, so if you see anything worthy let me know please

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Arjun for this click here I didn’t agree with too much of it, as I am a GSC fan, but well thought out post.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Haddin for this click here Mainly an Australian topic of interest, but a few others showed an interest. Do all spinners leave WA for NSW or is it the SCG?

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:luckyeddie. An oldie but a goodie click here :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: adharcric, an Indian fan, who has taken an interest in most of the threads, and started some interesting debate

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: JBH001 click here Never write off the SLs especially when England can’t catch

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: C_C for this click here This can’t be true, can it? Must be a misprint? Only kidding C_C, good to see. :)

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Great Birtannia, seems to know his modern cricket, and may well be our resident expert re-Tasmania.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Matt79 very impressive this past couple of weeks, would be good if he posted a little more. An example of his work click here

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Lostman, looks like a Sri Lankan fan, may give some help to Jason, who took a bit of a battering this week from SP and some others. :-O

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt click here Does anyone else on this site have a camera?

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
archie mac said:
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: JBH001 click here Never write off the SLs especially when England can’t catch
Surely Ajun's "Dravid can't open the batting because he wastes too many balls" comment right before Dravid's 99-ball century is far more worthy...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see you back Archie, Marc just skipped a week while you were on vacation. Congrtulations to all the winners !!! ) Skull was funny as hell. For those who couldn't get it, it really happened (well not exactly the way Eddie described, but it inspired the great post)

1.1 Drakes to Ehsanul Haque, no run, edged straight in the hands of
Gayle at 2nd slip, dropped

2.2 Dillon to Al Sahariar, one run, tries to drive, edged to 2nd slip,
just upper the hands of Hooper

5.3 Drakes to Ehsanul Haque, one run, .;flashing outside off stump,
again edge and again droped, this time by Hooper at 2nd sip, this
should be taken, Hooper has plenty of time to take it

5.6 Drakes to Al Sahariar, OUT: short of a good length, plays it and
gets an edge, this time catch held by Gayle at 2nd slip

archie mac

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Surely Ajun's "Dravid can't open the batting because he wastes too many balls" comment right before Dravid's 99-ball century is far more worthy...
Missed that one sorry, you should email us and alert us to these little gems :)

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
silentstriker said:
1)These awards aren't the be all end all to anyone execpt you*
2)You've made like 20 posts this week
3)The posts aren't very clever either mainly talking your own knowledge up

*=Archie and Marc,this isn't insulting i get a good laugh each week this comes up and i think it's great the time you guys put into it. Well Done

Tht is all

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to all the winners.

And Congrats to Archie and Marc for bringing back the awards.:laugh: *Even if the most deserving thread and the thread considered by many as one of the Funniest threads in the history of CW (Shane on you) does not get any mention *

** And we know the reason why -** Shane on you Archie :laugh:

Archie , BTW how did you get the impression that SP gave me a hard time ?

I love the guy and his posts :) and AFAIK he has not given me a hard time .:)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Congrats to all the winners.

And Congrats to Archie and Marc for bringing back the awards.:laugh: *Even if the most deserving thread and the thread considered by many as one of the Funniest threads in the history of CW (Shane on you) does not get any mention *

** And we know the reason why -** Shane on you Archie :laugh:

Archie , BTW how did you get the impression that SP gave me a hard time ?

I love the guy and his posts :) and AFAIK he has not given me a hard time .:)
I think from this one, http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=807250&postcount=763but a few posters seemed to be having ago at you. You must not been on SPs ban list so that is saying something :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I think from this one, http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=807250&postcount=763but a few posters seemed to be having ago at you. You must not been on SPs ban list so that is saying something :laugh:
Archie , you are a softie aren't you ?

That's an honest opinion from SP . That does not mean he is having a go at me. This is a forum of opinions Archie . In fact that's a fair call from SP from where he sits .:)

And we all know where he sits . :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Archie , you are a softie aren't you ?

That's an honest opinion from SP . That does not mean he is having a go at me. This is a forum of opinions Archie . In fact that's a fair call from SP from where he sits .:)

And we all know where he sits . :laugh:
I think we should all be nice to one another, even to the English supporters:laugh: