• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 7-21 of May

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I think we should all be nice to one another, even to the English supporters:laugh:
You better be Archie, because its highly likely they are coming down under with a talented young side to beat the aging Aussie line up and retain the Ashes this coming Summer . :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
You better be Archie, because its highly likely they are coming down under with a talented young side to beat the aging Aussie line up and retain the Ashes this coming Summer . :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: now you are being funny Jason:)

Chubb

International Regular
archie mac said:
10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt click here Does anyone else on this site have a camera?
Yes, I do. It's not as good as Langeveldts, but at least he has some form of competition for this award. But if you don't see it, then there's nothing I can do to prevent him from winning every week! (not that he doesn't deserve it)

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=806765&postcount=132

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I have a camera. Well, actually, I don't - it's the work camera, and I really shouldn't post my shots on here (due to a swag of copyright issues :D ). I have posted one, but it was several months back so is ineligible.

And of course it's winter here.

Matt79

Global Moderator
archie mac said:
Congratulations to the following:

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Matt79 very impressive this past couple of weeks, would be good if he posted a little more. An example of his work click here
Thanks Archie - I appreciate the award. I'd like to post more, and have more time to read all the threads that are going on, but with a job and a new baby in the house, I'm lucky to get 30 mins in most nights - its pretty much the weekends only for me unfortunately. Oh well, no excuses, I'll just have to make more time! :)

Steulen

International Regular
Can you guys start thinking about a Slowest to 1,000 Posts Award?

I will get there next autumn. Yay me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
archie mac said:
10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt click here Does anyone else on this site have a camera?
Yay, cheers! Problem is, I doubt anyone on here is lucky enough to have a camera that is worth twice as much as their car, put it that way.. Unless they drive a 1982 Datsun bakkie with no windows

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Matt79 said:
Thanks Archie - I appreciate the award. I'd like to post more, and have more time to read all the threads that are going on, but with a job and a new baby in the house, I'm lucky to get 30 mins in most nights - its pretty much the weekends only for me unfortunately. Oh well, no excuses, I'll just have to make more time! :)
Did Slow Love lose his password and so made Matt79 instead?

:p

archie mac

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm seconding the motion put forth by Craig that this post get this week's Tony Greig.
Yes should be hard to hold out.

Would prefer if people could email us the posts/threads/members they think deserve to win an award, so as it becomes a bit of a surprise :)

Nothing worse than watching an awards show, and you all ready know who is going to win:dry:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
archie mac said:
Yes should be hard to hold out.

Would prefer if people could email us the posts/threads/members they think deserve to win an award, so as it becomes a bit of a surprise :)

Nothing worse than watching an awards show, and you all ready know who is going to win:dry:
I predicted all the major Oscars this year and still was intrigued enough to watch Jon Stewart's opening bit... then I sort of... got distracted... by stuff...

archie mac

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I predicted all the major Oscars this year and still was intrigued enough to watch Jon Stewart's opening bit... then I sort of... got distracted... by stuff...
I stopped watching the Oscars after Pulp Fiction was rolled by Mr Gump :@

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
archie mac said:
I stopped watching the Oscars after Pulp Fiction was rolled by Mr Gump :@
Pulp Fiction was not Oscar worthy.

Besides, Tom Hanks >>> Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta combined.
Incidentally, Tarantino is also waaaay over-rated.

archie mac

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pulp Fiction was not Oscar worthy.

Besides, Tom Hanks >>> Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta combined.
Incidentally, Tarantino is also waaaay over-rated.

:-O I am not talking to you anymore:@

Well at least not for the next few hours as I am off to work:)