• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current first class draft

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Or: the Cricket Web Premier League reboot

RULES

1) First come first served
2) Players selected must have played 1 first class match in seasons 2015/16 and 2016
3) 12 hours time limit
4) 16 teams: 16 players + 1 ground
5) Draft order: Third Round Reversal (explained here) with new orders following R3, R5, R7, R9
6) Play nice

Once we're done I'll sim a league in Virtual Cricket 4.

1 Dan
2 NZT
3 Howe
4 morgie
5 stphndbsn
6 Vimes
7 The Battlers Prince
8 Prince EWS
9 mr_mister
10 jimmy101
11 GIMH
12 Daemon
13 hb
14 Furball15 Cabinet96
16 Athlai + mystery player

Draft order:

Here is your first random order.

Athlai (potentially joined by Flem274*)
stphndbsn
morgie
The Battlers Prince
Cabinet96
GIMH
Daemon
mr_mister
Dan
Howe_zat
NZTailender
Furball
Samuel_Vimes
Prince EWS
jimmy101
honestbharani

The circus clock starts....now.

Last edited by a moderator:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Shall we say contracted FC players? Or contracted in the last domestic season played, but have not announced retirement.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shall we say contracted FC players? Or contracted in the last domestic season played, but have not announced retirement/
This is a good idea. I don't really want to pick the best FC team I can only to get beaten by people from that one masters T20 tournament

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Shall we say contracted FC players? Or contracted in the last domestic season played, but have not announced retirement.
I thought it would be easier to research to go with "played FC in the last 12 months" as I'm not sure the contracts of the various India/SL/other franchises are easily recognizable

This will also throw out many of the masters T20 guys

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is definitely most fun when you don't worry about the actual simming until after the draft, btw. Try to pick the team you think would do best in real life and then treat the sim as a bit of extra fun afterwards, rather than picking a team on stats/VC4 h4x to win the sim.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is definitely most fun when you don't worry about the actual simming until after the draft, btw. Try to pick the team you think would do best in real life and then treat the sim as a bit of extra fun afterwards, rather than picking a team on stats/VC4 h4x to win the sim.
Yeah absolutely, but that's why it's important to be clear about retirement. For example Sangakkara is still hitting hundreds for Surrey and so is still among the best FC players out there, but Jacques Kallis has only played T20 since 2013, and that isn't comparable IMO.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1 Dan
2 NZT
3 Howe
4 morgie
5 stphndbsn
6 Vimes
7 The Battlers Prince
8 Prince EWS
9 mr_mister

So what are we looking at? 12 teams would give us 204 players, that's each Test team and A team. I think that should be a decent test of knowledge.

Thoughts on draft order? Straight snake gives a big advantage to the person picking 1st, so maybe third round reversal?

That is:

Round 1 is random
Round 2 and Round 3 are both reversals of R1
Round 4 is a new random
Round 5 reversal of R4
and so on

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IIRC when we did it on CricSim it was a new order for every two rounds?

That was with 26 players, fwiw.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds awesome, I'd love to be a part of this. Can't wait to see some simulated results!

Just one question, does a test match count as a first class match?