• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CT 2013 was the best tournament since 1999 WC

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
No ICC tournament sticks out tbh. Forget about them the months they follow tbh.

From memory, the 09 CT sticks out. England making the semis was a surprise, as was NZ making the final. Think it was Elliot (the destroyer) who got them there.

Also remember a low scoring thriller between Pak and Aus with Hauritz and Lee saving the day.

The 07 WT20 was also good. Had the novelty factor, close games, Broad getting smacked, and a close final. Also introduced to the world the magnificent beast that is Misbah Ul Haq

tobe_ornot2

Banned
I don't think I have particularly enjoyed a 50 over world cup since 99. 2015 had a certain level of fun and it is always great watching big matches in Australian stadia. The two tournaments I most enjoyed were word t20s 2007 and 2009.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Most of the ICC competitions do not stick in the memory for some reason. I watched tons of the 2015 World Cup yet can barely remember any of it except England stinking to high heaven, New Zealand playing attacking cricket and the Aussies winning. I have a vague memory of a McCullum knock against England but beyond that I cannot remember any other singular moments. Everything else is a blur. It is the same with the other World Cups.

I've never watched a Champions' Trophy. I never bother with it. I do not quite understand the purpose of it to be honest?

That last World Twenty20 was the first one I watched. It was enjoyable but that is also already becoming a bit of a blur except for the Stokes/Brathwaite thing. I do remember England chasing down 220 odd against South Africa. Yes, I still remember some moments. Maybe my memory has improved haha.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1999 is objectively the most entertaining world cup. There were close games left and right and terrific contests between bat and ball. The final itself being an entertainment flop wasnt enough to dismantle it from the #1 position. Especially since the semi final is like of the most thrilling games in the history of cricket