• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CT 2013 was the best tournament since 1999 WC

Firebreaker

Banned
It was the best tournament tbh and it was much better than all the ICC tournament which took place since 99 WC and much better than the tournament which took place in SC.Attendance rates were quite high even in neutral matches and the camerawork was brilliant and weather was the only problem but it even that wasn't that bad.Look at the matches in SC and CT 2013 you would see the difference between the camera resolution

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From a neutral perspective the 1999 World Cup is followed by the 2003 World Cup. 2003 had the refreshing drama of some big names getting eliminated early and Kenya making it all of the way to the semi finals. There was the usual South African brain snap and a real spectacle of a final.

akilana

International 12th Man
^^finals were disappointing though. 96 and 11 were better throughout till the final.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ICC Champions Trophy held in Kenya was a good one.

Among WCs I've seen, '99>'96='92>'11='03>>'15>>>'07

Last edited:

_Ed_

Eh I don't remember much from the tournament tbh. 2011 WC, and the recent world T20 were excellent.
Absolutely agree. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all, but it probably ended up being my favourite tournament since the '99 World Cup.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Among WCs I've seen, '99>'96='92>'11='03>>'15>>>'07
2011>1999>1996>1992>2003>2015>>2007

1992 could have been higher if not for the bull**** rule taking effect in the Eng-SA semifinal. 1999 could be the best if Pakistan turned up in the final. Kenya reaching semifinal was the dark spot for 2003. I don't really have much against 2015. It was not a bad tournament - but was nothing special either except NZ-SA semifinal and Starc's bowling.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
2004 and 2009 CT were a lot of fun too and not just because Pakistan beat India both times in an ICC tournament :p but 2004 saw West Indies and England make an unlikely final and then West Indies pull off an unlikely win with Ian Bradshaw leading the way. Peak of Lara's captaincy.

2011 World Cup was quite exciting too with a number of close games and unlikely results - England v India, Bangladesh v Ireland, Ireland v England

OverratedSanity

1992 could have been higher if not for the bull**** rule taking effect in the Eng-SA semifinal.
SA 100% deserved what they got because of their intentional slow over rate at the end of the first innings. One of the purest moments of cricketing karma.

vcs

SA 100% deserved what they got because of their intentional slow over rate at the end of the first innings. One of the purest moments of cricketing karma.
India also got ****ed over against Australia by that rule in the same WC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I assumed he was talking about the bull**** rule that curtailed England's innings when it was in full flow to be honest.

vcs

I remember Sangakkara's brilliant knock against England, India playing very well (especially Dhawan and all the bowlers), Australia and Pakistan being ****e. I think they failed to allocate a reserve day for the final and they got lucky that they got an excellent T20 match in after the rain abated, otherwise the trophy would have been shared.

vcs

ABD got run out I think..SA were cruising at that stage as well.

srbhkshk

International Captain
ABD got run out I think..SA were cruising at that stage as well.
That was 2015 WC.

Mohit Sharma was the guy who made the throw - I remember it because he put everything he had into it. (fell down in the process of making it and almost hurt his shoulder)

Last edited:

Top_Cat

All I remember about the 1992 WC is wanting an SS Turbo more than is rational after seeing this guy zack Marshall and Ambrose over cover for 6. Fairly sure every suburban slapper had one the following summer. Cheatsticks.

Firebreaker

Banned
SA were winning first game but they ran themselves out.The atmosphere was brilliant in Cardiff and every match to be honesy