• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Round Table #2 (With Audio)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Kweek said:
a lot more people will understand Kevin Pietersen now I think.
Peitersen is supposed to be ****e though while over there.

Anyway, listening to the Dutch bit. Would like to comment on the lack of cricket in America thing, I think much of the reason with why people shy away from cricket has less to do with the length of the game and more to do with your regular American Joe's perception of the game. Many people see it as the English/classy version of baseball where people sit around and sip tea between breaks. They may almost feel patriotic bashing cricket thinking they're doing baseball a favor. For cricket to be popular here, I believe that perception needs to be changed.

Just my two cents.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
oh one more question kev since South africans want even number of people from the segragations(black/white)...there's a quota for atleast 6 blacks each team but is it that atleast 6 white guys each team too? to make it fair.....but then if its only whites and blacks ....what about the asians?....so qoutas for races i think is worng unless its like every single race get equal qoutas, which is imposible...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Next one out like a shot. Will listen in morning. Bit too tipsy and tired atm.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Goughy and SS have awesome radio voices. Find two more blokes with similiar talent and this`ll sound extremely professional.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nnanden said:
Goughy and SS have awesome radio voices. Find two more blokes with similiar talent and this`ll sound extremely professional.
I wouldn't wanna see the same four guys doing it over and over again. I would love to have at least Goughy on there every time, but in the long run it will become overkill.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Only so much that can be done with certain parts of this. The audio level can only be raised to a certain level before you start to hear crackling on any quality speaker and Neil talks right over one of the MSN sound effects. I can't even make out the word he's saying, so I can't possibly hope to edit that bit. Most of the first question (Round Table #1) is sorted though.
Sean's sound level is so dramatically lower than the rest that I can't do much to address the contrast, given that I had to raise the volume of the practically the entire project from around 7 seconds online. I have, however, slightly edited Sean's segment to make him sound more punch and certain of his opinion (sorta).

LA ICE-E

State Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Anyway, listening to the Dutch bit. Would like to comment on the lack of cricket in America thing, I think much of the reason with why people shy away from cricket has less to do with the length of the game and more to do with your regular American Joe's perception of the game. Many people see it as the English/classy version of baseball where people sit around and sip tea between breaks. They may almost feel patriotic bashing cricket thinking they're doing baseball a favor. For cricket to be popular here, I believe that perception needs to be changed.
20/20 is the game for us but most of us like to try new things but thing is all people know is that its a game played in england and most thinks it last 5 days(which it does but they dont know about odi or 20/20) and another thing is its not on tv! pro cricket was on tv i think but it wasn't on normal chanels it was on like pay per view chanels or something point is cricket as whole needs more exposure through free tv in places where nothing is known about it.....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
nightprowler10 said:
I wouldn't wanna see the same four guys doing it over and over again. I would love to have at least Goughy on there every time, but in the long run it will become overkill.
It won't be. You might see me a lot, as the host, but I don't speak as much as the rest. But out of the three panel members, two were new this time.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good point there. One of the big reasons Pro Cricket was not successful was that even a cricket lover like myself wasn't willing to pay to watch it. Something like that needs to be on a regular cable channel. From time to time I email Sportscenter about putting in some bits and pieces of news in there about cricket which did bare fruit when they showed Warne's 600th last year in their news bit. Things like that will get people interested as well. But yeah, T20 is the way to go in the US.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
It won't be. You might see me a lot, as the host, but I don't speak as much as the rest. But out of the three panel members, two were new this time.
Good, wasn't referring to you btw. You do a good job keeping things on track, but the other 3-4 guys should vary over time.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
open365 said:
As someone who wants a career in journalism, I feel I should give this a go. Confident I can at least not make a fool of myself, trips to the fridge notwithstanding...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Listened to the first 3 questions, the South African quota debate was easily the most interesting and most well conversed because we had on-going debate rather than speaker A says something, then speaker B, then speaker C, then we hear from Manan (who no one cares about :p j/k). That was the best of the lost, great stuff guys. I can see the improvement.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
better managed and edited than the first time....great job again guys!!! very interesting debates, especially the sa quota system one!