• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb poster with the best understanding of the game

jan

State Vice-Captain
I had a mid life crisis at the age of 35. For those going through one lock yourself in a room with no telephone or email. And definitely no credit cards.
I have been feeling a tad worn-out recently and Im 35...should I be worried? How did you manage to avoid wife'n'kids while locked in?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have been feeling a tad worn-out recently and Im 35...should I be worried? How did you manage to avoid wife'n'kids while locked in?
On a very serious note and this will be something that the older gents will nod their heads at. As long as you stay busy you won't have a crisis. It happens when you have too much time on your hands to start thinking about your life and your successes and failures, and everything you have ever done and where to from here and on and on. Just keep drinking beer on Friday nights and you won't have one.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mine was certainly a disappointment - had been expecting to go out and buy a sports car and start lusting after women young enough to be my daughter - as it was I just fell out with the then wife, got divorced and felt an immense sense of relief that that particular nightmare was over

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Guys, I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about the game of Cricket, not the game of life..

I've become a Dave from Newcastle Ameobi type parody that I don't show hardly any cricket knowledge.

Chrish

International Debutant
Sis by a fair distance from what I have seen as a silent reader.. Wonder where he is nowadays..

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
After reading over this thread to see who was around 11 years ago, I can conclude that Richard and c_c should be noted for their important studies in the field of "why McGrath was actually just lucky to take all of his wickets" and "why cricketers weren't professional until 1950". Some solid arguments throughout that I had never considered before.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think I've read the first 20 pages of this before. Interesting that the first response was for Richard, who's understanding of the game was similar to the Flat Earth's Society's understanding of the Universe. I've never heard why he stopped posting? He was however responsible for the best line in the history of Cricketweb when someone asked him why he couldn't admit he was wrong - "I'm not wrong. I'd not have said what I said if it had been wrong."

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Richard's 'knowledge' seemed to consist of coming up with wacky ideas that betrayed the fact he seemed to have learnt nearly nothing from playing the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah faaip has always been a gun, but he now only appears for the Ashes and when the Adelaide Crows are winning AFL games.