• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb in 2001

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cpr said:
'His spell at Filbert Street was not successful and he fell behind Emile Heskey, Steve Claridge and Ian Marshall in the pecking order to lead the Leicester attack.'

Ouch, poor guy, must have been really out of form.:mellow:

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Ahh, brings back old memories....

Around that time Andre, James, Neil, Rich (hope I haven't missed anyone) were the main contributors. Staff members had a penchant for news hunting and were desperate to update the site whenever possible. In 2001 James posted about his birthday on CW main page. He was always on the lookout for new staff members(it was easier to be a staff member in those days compared to today). CW initially was restricted to Australia and New Zealand only, with Andre handling more of Australia and James handling more of NZ.

James advertised about CW on CricketGames. He registered as kiwi on the forums and posted about CW, which had just started. As far as I know CW came into limelight when Daniel's (CG's webmaster) host imposed a restriction on downloads, which meant downloads couldn't be hosted on his site. James was kind to offer Daniel the web space by putting all the files onto CW. This way fans of CG were happy, and many discovered CW this way.

CW kept on expanding slowly. James' confidence in staff members played a significant part in CW's expansion. He always used to believe in them and gave them ample oppertunities to display what they could. He himself used to contact people to be a part of CW staff (that's 4-5 years ago) and never discouraged anyone. He is responsible for bringing out the best from a lot of people.

Andre's contributions were significant. As much as I saw he handled his positon as the vice-webmaster(if I am not wrong) in a responsible and mature way. He used to do the maximum number of updates and during WC2003 he devised the entire schedule for the staff members. Till 2003 he was the most important guy for CW, alongwith James.

CW Forums used to be powered by a software called XMB but due to its limitations an upgrade to vBulletin was made. I used to post my off-topic threads at CricketGames forums, but when the permission to start such threads got denied in the Forum Rules I started posting here. At that time there was a guy from NZ, 13 years old(can't recollect his name now), FrontierPsycatrist, some Caption guy, etc. were the biggest posters. None of us had ever thought that Marc will turn out to be the one with maximum number of posts. Back then reaching 100 posts was considered to be big.

Ahh, the good old days... why am I feeling like a 60-year old?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah definitely the good old days, I remember I got banned from Cricketgames.com and an insider, I think called Stanley, working for Nixon got me involved over here.. 20,000 posts on..

James

Cricket Web Owner
yaju said:
Ahh, brings back old memories....

Around that time Andre, James, Neil, Rich (hope I haven't missed anyone) were the main contributors. Staff members had a penchant for news hunting and were desperate to update the site whenever possible. In 2001 James posted about his birthday on CW main page. He was always on the lookout for new staff members(it was easier to be a staff member in those days compared to today). CW initially was restricted to Australia and New Zealand only, with Andre handling more of Australia and James handling more of NZ.

James advertised about CW on CricketGames. He registered as kiwi on the forums and posted about CW, which had just started. As far as I know CW came into limelight when Daniel's (CG's webmaster) host imposed a restriction on downloads, which meant downloads couldn't be hosted on his site. James was kind to offer Daniel the web space by putting all the files onto CW. This way fans of CG were happy, and many discovered CW this way.

CW kept on expanding slowly. James' confidence in staff members played a significant part in CW's expansion. He always used to believe in them and gave them ample oppertunities to display what they could. He himself used to contact people to be a part of CW staff (that's 4-5 years ago) and never discouraged anyone. He is responsible for bringing out the best from a lot of people.

Andre's contributions were significant. As much as I saw he handled his positon as the vice-webmaster(if I am not wrong) in a responsible and mature way. He used to do the maximum number of updates and during WC2003 he devised the entire schedule for the staff members. Till 2003 he was the most important guy for CW, alongwith James.

CW Forums used to be powered by a software called XMB but due to its limitations an upgrade to vBulletin was made. I used to post my off-topic threads at CricketGames forums, but when the permission to start such threads got denied in the Forum Rules I started posting here. At that time there was a guy from NZ, 13 years old(can't recollect his name now), FrontierPsycatrist, some Caption guy, etc. were the biggest posters. None of us had ever thought that Marc will turn out to be the one with maximum number of posts. Back then reaching 100 posts was considered to be big.

Ahh, the good old days... why am I feeling like a 60-year old?
Hehe - nice story Yaju :)

We moved from XMB to vBulletin due to the constant hacking we had through that board.