• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers with interesting records

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it more interesting that Derek Pringle played 30 tests. What the hell were they seeing in him?

Yesterday I watched highlights from a match in which DeFreitas and Lewis opened and Pringle was third seamer. With Tuffers as spinner that is a bowling attack that can truly be described as... rubbish.

Didn't stop Blair Hartland getting a pair though.

Kirkut

International Regular
Gavaskar scoring the fastest test ton against Marshall and Holding, his 100 came in 94 balls. Not the one you would expect from after 1975 World Cup.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I find it more interesting that Derek Pringle played 30 tests. What the hell were they seeing in him?

Yesterday I watched highlights from a match in which DeFreitas and Lewis opened and Pringle was third seamer. With Tuffers as spinner that is a bowling attack that can truly be described as... rubbish.

Didn't stop Blair Hartland getting a pair though.
To be fair to the England selectors, that attack (with Dermot Reeve as fourth seamer, no less) won both the matches where they all played. When they brought in the Actual Ian Botham (and David Lawrence) in the 3rd Test, the magic was gone and New Zealand drew easily.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
One that springs to mind is Tim Southees sixes record in tests.Has hit 61 at a much quicker rate then any other player in history.
Yet this is a record that infuriates all New Zealand cricket fans.

That has to be perhaps the only record (of a greatest nature, not lowest) in cricket history that to no extent excites that player's fan base (over the age of 13).

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Harbajhan Singh captured over 10 times as many wickets (31 IIRC) as the next best Indian (3 wkts) in the series against Australia

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair to the England selectors, that attack (with Dermot Reeve as fourth seamer, no less) won both the matches where they all played. When they brought in the Actual Ian Botham (and David Lawrence) in the 3rd Test, the magic was gone and New Zealand drew easily.
Botham was probably worse than Lewis by that point of his career though. I love that Jones was bounced out by Pringle in the first test.