• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket related thread that does not really deserve its own stuff

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Is a “mankad” recorded in the score book as a run out?

cnerd123

likes this
It's a runout so you record it as a runout, yes. I don't understand why that's a question. Does a bowled off an inside edge get recorded differently to a normal bowled?

Red

It's a runout so you record it as a runout, yes. I don't understand why that's a question. Does a bowled off an inside edge get recorded differently to a normal bowled?
It seems a different type of dismissal to a normal runout, and hence my question. However it appears it’d be recorded as a normal run out.

“38.3 Non-striker leaving his/her ground early

If the non-striker is out of his/her ground at any time from the moment the ball comes into play until the instant when the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, the non-striker is liable to be Run out. In these circumstances, the non-striker will be out Run out if he/she is out of his/her ground when his/her wicket is put down by the bowler throwing the ball at the stumps or by the bowler’s hand holding the ball, whether or not the ball is subsequently delivered.”

Thanks for your help with this, I won’t need any more from you regarding this matter.

Red

unless you want to call idiots getting punched in bars being "Warnered" as a kind of representation of thuggish aussie culture, you will stop referring to runouts as mankads

you ****ing moron
Where the **** did this come from? Jesus