• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Tom Flint

International Regular
So I've just recieved 'infraction points' from someone called margat for speaking out against someone who defended some clearly racist and ***ist comments from Marlon Samuel's.
Now just imagine Samuels was a white man making those comments towards a black man and woman and I criticised someone who was defending them. I wonder if margate would have still penalised me?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You probably got the infraction for continuing a discussion that the mod tried to end, rather than for not agreeing with someone's discriminatory and extreme political opinion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You probably got the infraction for continuing a discussion that the mod tried to end, rather than for not agreeing with someone's discriminatory and extreme political opinion
It was for personal attacks actually.
So I've just recieved 'infraction points' from someone called margat for speaking out against someone who defended some clearly racist and ***ist comments from Marlon Samuel's.
Now just imagine Samuels was a white man making those comments towards a black man and woman and I criticised someone who was defending them. I wonder if margate would have still penalised me?
If she didn't, I would have. Someone defending something you don't like doesn't give you permission to make personal attacks.

Anyway if you want to discuss it further, bump a thread in Site Discussion. Don't clog up this thread that more of that stuff.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Anyway if you want to discuss it further, bump a thread in Site Discussion. Don't clog up this thread that more of that stuff.
I'm not sure, I asked for mods to intervene in racism comments in this thread 3 days ago via Site Discussion and got 0 response from mods.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Speaking of Samuels, after not doing anything since the end of 2018, he's just officially retired.
Very odd career. Mostly very average with ATG level innings randomly mixed in across formats. Obviously 2 T20 world cup final winning innings is pretty special, most players would take that. His destruction of Malinga in the first final was some of the best batting I have ever seen under pressure.

I personally feel he didn't make the most of his talent. He was not the same batsman after being hit in the eye during the big bash, he was always more leg side of the ball after that. He also became very bitter after his ban, where he was clearly let down by a number of people around him.

I enjoyed watching him bat but I have now put his social media channels very much on ignore.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In lighter news, Usman Khawaja's brother has been jailed for a mininum of 2.5 years for "framing a love rival as a terrorist". Exciting times

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
So uh, Symonds would never bowl 10 overs in an ATG ODI XI
ffs....i just read thru pages and pages of MrMr and Jedi arguing about racism and I was about to wade in but a mod asked it to stop AND I come across this outrageous travesty...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ffs....i just read thru pages and pages of MrMr and Jedi arguing about racism and I was about to wade in but a mod asked it to stop AND I come across this outrageous travesty...
Absolutely. Should just have stated the fact that Symonds would never get to BE in an All time XI. :p

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have thrown in his lot with England should Symonds - would be lauded as an ATG in all formats if he had