• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I recall a bowling coach (was it Ashley Mallett's?) having a string tied across the nets at a certain height and instructing slow bowlers to clear the string. I was never a batsman of note but I never felt comfortable when the ball was too much above my eye-line.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shaheen Shah Afridi with another 5-wicket haul in T20s. 5 for 20...

Just under 2 weeks ago he took 6 for 19.
I remember Ryan Harris bursting onto the ODI scene with a couple of 5fers in a row. It always looks good when a bowler does that and I always thought that Afridi had some talent about him.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember Ryan Harris bursting onto the ODI scene with a couple of 5fers in a row. It always looks good when a bowler does that and I always thought that Afridi had some talent about him.
Shaheen has always had something about him... Like in the World Cup last where he took 6 wickets against Bangladesh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shaheen maybe good for hauls in the LO format but I still think he has ways to go before he becomes a genuine consistent threat in tests.

That said, almost every IPL side would kill to have him in their squad right now. Especially with Starc not playing. I am seriously wondering if SRH should try talking to Starc and see if he is interested in playing for them as the replacement for Marsh. But I assume they already brought in a replacement?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England is weird. This is what happens when your most sensible citizens steal loaves of bread so they can get sent away to a much nicer land.

Tom Flint

International Regular
ECB really are a joke, requested to Sri Lanka to change the rule of 2 week quarantine for us for sake of our players mental health.
This after we kept west indies then pakistan players and staff locked in the stadium for nearly 2 month's only leaving to go to a different stadium.
Elitist mentality.