• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Wrong, terrestrial to gets little to no high standard live football (at most 8 club games and a few England games) it's almost all on paid for tv, and to call Match of the Day "extensive" highlights is significantly overstating it.
I completely disagree on all accounts.

If Match of the Day is not 'extensive', I wonder what that makes Channel 5's (England) cricket coverage then - I cannot think of a highlights show more thorough than Match of the Day to be honest! Five's cricket: one hour reduced to c. 45 minutes when adverts are factored in for an entire day's play!

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ishant has played 75 tests.

Seventy five. Seventy. Five.

I hate this world.
I remember a bit before I joined there was a thread on here asking who's the worst player to play for 'the longest' - say, 60 or more tests. I think Ishant's with a good shout at that prize.

Midwinter

State Captain
I remember a bit before I joined there was a thread on here asking who's the worst player to play for 'the longest' - say, 60 or more tests. I think Ishant's with a good shout at that prize.
He obviously tries hard but he has to be in the running for least successful player to play that many tests.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Its ****ing irritating. He's 28 though so maybe he could play FC cricket abroad for a year or two and gain some experience before coming back like Zak for 4-5 years? But the fact is, he has none of the skills that Zak had even when he was ****.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Ishant bowls like has been for the last few years I won't mind at all tbh. He's the third choice quick at this point anyways.

cnerd123

likes this
Should be fourth behind Shami, Umesh and Bhuvi.
He does offer something to different to all those tho. I can see how an attack of those three can be very same-y. Ishant's natural bounce off a length and angle across lefties makes him useful against certain batsmen and in certain condtions.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I completely disagree on all accounts.

If Match of the Day is not 'extensive', I wonder what that makes Channel 5's (England) cricket coverage then - I cannot think of a highlights show more thorough than Match of the Day to be honest! Five's cricket: one hour reduced to c. 45 minutes when adverts are factored in for an entire day's play!
Match of the Day. Contracted to a maximum of 10 minutes highlights, so just over 10% of the game at most.

45 minutes over a 6 hour day is more than 10%

How exactly do you disagree about top class football being on terrestrial to though. It just isn't on there.

S.Kennedy

Match of the Day. Contracted to a maximum of 10 minutes highlights, so just over 10% of the game at most.

45 minutes over a 6 hour day is more than 10%

How exactly do you disagree about top class football being on terrestrial to though. It just isn't on there.
Match of the Day usually lasts 90 minutes though? We are discussing 90 min matches. Anything over 30 min and you may as well give them the full 90. Nobody would want longer or they would have just watched the entire game!

Football is always on! I do not know how anyone can claim otherwise? Entire world cup (64 matches) and euros (51 games) and qualifiers and friendlies split between BBC and ITV. FA Cup: BBC/ITV. (Part) Champions League: ITV. Didn't Channel 5 show a fair bit of the second tier European competition (it has been under a few names)? League Cup; Charity Shield etc.

With Match of the Day thrown in - and Championship highlights on 5 - you could quite happily keep up with the top tier English football season (and then some, when the internationals and European stuff are thrown in). Compare this to cricket which exists behind a pay wall. It is basically impossible to follow cricket on terrestrial television in England.

PS

Heck, just looking at today's TV Listings, a football fan can potentially watch Championship highlights and something called Football on 5 which will take him from 10:45am to 12:10. He then can turn over to BBC and find MOTD Extra which will hold his attention from 12:15 - 1pm. Then later, 8:15 - 9pm, he has the League Cup Final highlights on Five. That is nearly three hours of football on one, random, day for his perusal!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Match of the Day usually lasts 90 minutes though? We are discussing 90 min matches. Anything over 30 min and you may as well give them the full 90. Nobody would want longer or they would have just watched the entire game!

Football is always on! I do not know how anyone can claim otherwise? Entire world cup (64 matches) and euros (51 games) and qualifiers and friendlies split between BBC and ITV. FA Cup: BBC/ITV. (Part) Champions League: ITV. Didn't Channel 5 show a fair bit of the second tier European competition (it has been under a few names)? League Cup; Charity Shield etc.

With Match of the Day thrown in - and Championship highlights on 5 - you could quite happily keep up with the top tier English football season (and then some, when the internationals and European stuff are thrown in). Compare this to cricket which exists behind a pay wall. It is basically impossible to follow cricket on terrestrial television in England.

PS

Heck, just looking at today's TV Listings, a football fan can potentially watch Championship highlights and something called Football on 5 which will take him from 10:45am to 12:10. He then can turn over to BBC and find MOTD Extra which will hold his attention from 12:15 - 1pm. Then later, 8:15 - 9pm, he has the League Cup Final highlights on Five. That is nearly three hours of football on one, random, day for his perusal!
Stop talking ****. Football is most definitely not always on terrestrial tv, especially not live top flight games. The only top flight coverage is short, not extensive, highlights.

Almost all football is on Sky or BT Sport, both of which are paid for, the same paid for you attack Cricket for being on.

cnerd123

likes this
The Women's Cricket thread is about Tennis and this thread is about Football

Guys cricket doesn't suck that much please

S.Kennedy

Stop talking ****. Football is most definitely not always on terrestrial tv, especially not live top flight games. The only top flight coverage is short, not extensive, highlights.

Almost all football is on Sky or BT Sport, both of which are paid for, the same paid for you attack Cricket for being on.
I completely disagree.

S.Kennedy

Not a fan of facts are you. First completely clueless about tennis and now football.
I've supplied information about the amount of football coverage on terrestrial (competition/tv channel), including tv listings from this very day, which, upon examination produced/produces nearly three hours of football; all of this has been completely ignored by yourself. I cannot help you any further - I'm sorry.