• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
32 year old former South African first class player dies after being hit by a bouncer. Awful news for all involved. I can't imagine how the bowler must feel.
When I played in Canada a youngster was killed by a bouncer in our league. The bowler was some Aussie who bowled a heavy ball but wasn't that quick. The bowler was freaked out I think but he insisted on carrying on bowling in that game and for the rest of the season. I don't really think he wanted to deal with the reality of it.

I played in the next game against the young man's team - they let his twin brother open the bowling against me - I dotted him out for two maidens then they took him off.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Got a charity cricket game next week with guys including Arul Suppaih and Arjuna Ranatunga. Now I'm a shadow of my former self and not as quick as I used to be. It is a charity game and all but I fancy digging one or two in short against Ranatunga. The question is, dick move or not?

uvelocity

International Coach
will donate $50 to your favourite charity for each confirmed upper body/soft tissue blow. double for headshots.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got a charity cricket game next week with guys including Arul Suppaih and Arjuna Ranatunga. Now I'm a shadow of my former self and not as quick as I used to be. It is a charity game and all but I fancy digging one or two in short against Ranatunga. The question is, dick move or not?
just warn him about it

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know some of the FB T20 matches are aired, hopefully there's footage out there.