• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Borges

International Regular
'You're struggling? Just whack it.' 'You're going for runs? Just bowl yorkers.' 'We'll smash them.' He really just had no other answers but to try and build up this arrogance.
Ravi Shastri.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ben Cutting just took 5/28 for the Nangarhar Leopards against the Kandahar Knights. This is what is wrong with cricket.

I must say the name 'Knights' really conjures up an Afghan image.

Starfighter

Cutting picks up another man of the match award, this time for 3/25 and 71.

Can't the Afghanis see that this is wrong and should be stamped out?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Matthew Hayden suffered a fractured neck in a surfing accident earlier today. Poor bloke looks to be in pretty banged up shape.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ben Cutting just took 5/28 for the Nangarhar Leopards against the Kandahar Knights. This is what is wrong with cricket.

I must say the name 'Knights' really conjures up an Afghan image.
Cutting picks up another man of the match award, this time for 3/25 and 71.

Can't the Afghanis see that this is wrong and should be stamped out?
What's the big deal? Having overseas pros/marquee players is pretty standard al lover the world, and at all levels of cricket, especially T20s. It increases the quality of the competition and local players can learn a lot from playing with guys like this.

Starfighter

What's the big deal? Having overseas pros/marquee players is pretty standard al lover the world, and at all levels of cricket, especially T20s. It increases the quality of the competition and local players can learn a lot from playing with guys like this.
I'm giving my hyperbolic opinion on Cutting you ****.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Cutting's bowling is serious trash these days, him running through sides is a bad sign for the quality of the league in general. Used to rate him about 2012ish, those days are well gone now

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf while Cutting may be a terrible State-level player, and an average-at-best Australian club C-grade matting club cricketer, he's probably a god in Afghanistan domestic cricket

stephen

Hastings has a potentially fatal lung condition that has basically ruled him out of playing any more.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, that's terrible, hopefully his career is quite over just yet. If so, the Duke may very well make an excellent coach. It'd be great if he can still make a living off of cricket.

stephen

Oh man, that's terrible, hopefully his career is quite over just yet. If so, the Duke may very well make an excellent coach. It'd be great if he can still make a living off of cricket.
Yeah this kind of stuff is horrible. I felt bad for Casson a couple of years back when he had to retire for health reasons too.