• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sean Williams dropped from odis squad too now.

And Hamid Hassan back for Afghans. Good line up now along with Shapoor, Dawlat, Rashid and Mujeeb.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd sitting at my desk at work watching my son on a live cricket stream. This is the coolest thing ever

Burgey

Very happy with Burgeinho. 27 off 24 to get them to 9/196 off 40. Will have to bowl badly to lose from here.

Burgey

Under 16s.

Parra won by 15. Six from six and top of the pops. Happy to say the young bloke made a difference today.

That massive kid from Sydney Uni is about 6’4” or so. Our keeper is over 6 feet tall and he dwarfed him.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
A rule I would personally like to see considered is increasing the number of runs available for batsman. Is it just me who feels a bit meh when a batsman hits one into the upper-tiers/out the ground and they only get 6.
Could there be scope to introduce additional runs depending on how far the batsman hits it? May make the game more dynamic and give batsman the opportunity to chase down very big targets.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A rule I would personally like to see considered is increasing the number of runs available for batsman. Is it just me who feels a bit meh when a batsman hits one into the upper-tiers/out the ground and they only get 6.
Could there be scope to introduce additional runs depending on how far the batsman hits it? May make the game more dynamic and give batsman the opportunity to chase down very big targets.
I hope that doesn't happen. It will further tilt the scales towards the batsmen, bigger bats and higher totals thereby destroying the essence of cricket (a battle between batsmen and bowlers). In other sports too, its the same case. A tap into the goalpost and a long shot from midfield to the goal post both fetches the team a single goal only in football.

TheJediBrah

More runs for trick shots IMO

Daemon

One handed batting gets you double

Hit a six blindfolded and your team score doubles

Hit a six one handed while blindfolded and you win the game

Victor Ian

International Coach
Tip it in favor of the fielding team. Bowled is -20 runs and 1 hand catch is - 10 runs. Break their bat and its -15 runs and replacement bat is $10 kmart bat.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to see hits over the fence going back to five, and only shots clearing the entire ground are six. Would also stop commentators from saying 'he's hit that out of the ground' when the ball just clears the fence.

Pretty sure Albert Trott only got four for hitting the ball over the Lord's pavilion.

TheJediBrah

Tip it in favor of the fielding team. Bowled is -20 runs and 1 hand catch is - 10 runs. Break their bat and its -15 runs and replacement bat is $10 kmart bat.
These are all excellent ideas. Adding a bonus for 1 hand catches would be brilliant

cnerd123

likes this
Can we introduce the double-play into cricket as well then. If you can complete a catch and a runout off the same ball, you deserve to take two wickets.