• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Nerds

Camel56

Banned
Ok my question is this; who is the biggest Nerd or Nerdy looking player to play test cricket?
Ill put a nomination in for Daniel Vettori - his nerdy looking glasses just cap the look off. More of a nerd 5 years ago though i think. Good bowler though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gotta be Kumble. His pants look extremely high on him, and I believe he wears glasses too?

Kumble's a great nerd :cool:

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Camel56 said:
Yes ill give you kumble. A big nerd who would have been bullied by other children from an early age.
I would imagine he would have had a bit of respect from his cricketing abilities

C_C

International Captain
Kumble, then Vettori....
Vettori looks a lot like that nerd Harry Potter...

btw....not only does Kumble look like a geek,he is a geek....the guy is an electrical engineer i believe.
:D :D :D :D

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
C_C said:
Kumble, then Vettori....
Vettori looks a lot like that nerd Harry Potter...

btw....not only does Kumble look like a geek,he is a geek....the guy is an electrical engineer i believe.
:D :D :D :D

Harry Potter is a champ. An absulote legend in Wizarding circles and he pulled a very decent looking bird in Cho Chang recently.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I might go with Steve Waugh. Unless he'd been dressed by someone else, I dont ever remember him looking at all trendy or, at the very least, good. A complete nerd.

Deja moo

International Captain
If you threw on a pair of glasses on MacGills face, he'd look like a nerd too. Especially with that top button buttoned .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Linda said:
I might go with Steve Waugh. Unless he'd been dressed by someone else, I dont ever remember him looking at all trendy or, at the very least, good. A complete nerd.
I was going to mention Waugh too, but I always thought he looked pretty hip. Especially with his sunglasses and serious face shaking his head when MacGill (or was it Katich) dropped Sachin (or was it Laxman? lol) in his last test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To set the record straight, Kumble is a mechanical engineer. Krish Srikkanth was an electrical engineer. Javagal Srinath is a software engineer. The Indian side back then was full of engineers. I guess all 3 of them would have looked like nerds, then.

Deja moo

International Captain
honestbharani said:
To set the record straight, Kumble is a mechanical engineer. Krish Srikkanth was an electrical engineer. Javagal Srinath is a software engineer. The Indian side back then was full of engineers. I guess all 3 of them would have looked like nerds, then.
All this talk wont be filling Sudeep with much confidence :p

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
I was going to mention Waugh too, but I always thought he looked pretty hip. Especially with his sunglasses and serious face shaking his head when MacGill (or was it Katich) dropped Sachin (or was it Laxman? lol) in his last test.
I dont mean on the cricket field, I mean everywhere else!
But speaking of sunglasses, have you seen Pontings lately?