• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket induced early midlife crisis.

Lostman

State Captain
With Murali's retirement there is no one left in the SL side from my first childhood memories of cricket.

From Int. cricket all I have left is Tendulkar (and I heard he is been giving out blood, don't know how much longer he will last:ph34r:)
(Small chance might have Jayasuriya and Murali for LOI cricket till the end of the WC at least)
So with cricket being really important to me, at 23 years old, I'll mark this down as the official end of my childhood.:sweat:

Similar experiences?

Sir Alex

Banned
With Murali's retirement there is no one left in the SL side from my first childhood memories of cricket.

From Int. cricket all I have left is Tendulkar (and I heard he is been giving out blood, don't know how much longer he will last:ph34r:)
(Small chance might have Jayasuriya and Murali for LOI cricket till the end of the WC at least)
So with cricket being really important to me, at 23 years old, I'll mark this down as the official end of my childhood.:sweat:

Similar experiences?
Ha ha same sentiments here. But it has actually helped me to develop some sort of detachment due to which I am seeing more neutral matches.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I knew I was too old when I realised I'd witnessed an entire career from debut* to retirement (Saurav Ganguly).

* 1992 never happened

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thankfully, SRT is still here. I'm going to feel old as hell when he retires. I was 5 years old when he made his debut. I might be close to 30 when he retires. Wow.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm waiting for somebody younger than me to make their debut. Will be a sad day.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Thankfully, SRT is still here. I'm going to feel old as hell when he retires. I was 5 years old when he made his debut. I might be close to 30 when he retires. Wow.
IMO a fan should feel old when said player has more hair left on the noggin than himself. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I realized I was no longer a kid, when year younger than me Ishant Sharma was making Ponting dance to his tunes.

To be honest, I think every fan passes through this phase..
Wasim Akram was my childhood idol. I would hope and pray that he would play for ever.. I would find myself worrying how I would ever be able to see Pakistan play cricket without Wasim Akram..

Today, Mohammad Aamer defines Pakistan cricket for me. So there is always someone else to look up to and admire.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
This is the first Test match I can remember. Only Trescothick still plays, although obviously not for England any more.

Flem274*

123/5
I only have Vettori left from when I started watching. Kane Williamson will make his debut this year and he's my age.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am pretty sure I will stop watching Cricket with the retirement of Tendulkar. I have no interest in the game at least Indian Cricket any more.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Though I watched cricket and remember matches from as far ago as 1984, I didn’t really understand/appreciate the game on a comprehensive manner until the ‘90’s. Therefore, the retirements of the two W’s really hit home for me and made me realize I’m old and I want everyone to get off my lawn!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Started watching less cricket already. Would probably follow the game till Sehwag retires. Its going to be cricinfo score updates for life after that.