• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Chat not as exciting as before

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yoyoyo its your boy again & i'm here to say i think Cricket chat has lost the intially swagger of when i first found this joint.

I just dry yo, intially the arguments where brilliant with blokes like TEC, Richard, Faaip, Top Cat, Marc (to a level), Scaly, Scallwag (banned), Jono, C_C, Neil really high-tec & informative as you argued you sort of learned. Now well everyone seems to agree with everyone (Richard talks sense these days) joking here son, hardly any real arguments, some of those mentioned memebers hardly are around or are gone for reasons not sure I myself don't find the urge to come around as often & find myself more in the football section which is bad enough, threads don't have that unique feel where they just drift off.

I remember making a simple ``Who is better Martyn vs Chanderpaul thread`` & it just blew up brilliantly. Currently there is a ``How come England have only won 2 of their 8 test since the Ashes`` now in the past those kind of threads had brilliant arguments.

No doubt maybe people are busy & all but Cricket Chat has definately become poorer of late. But hopefully lads things will get poppin again in this joint. Don't have any real options to fix it i say scrap off-topic too much idle chatter i reckon lets get some real cricket talk going kids....

Flem274*

123/5
:blink: Whats with all the yo's?

It seems one of these threads pops up every second week and TBH the subject has been beaten to death, you and others who think the same way will just have to get over it. It's a cycle and it will turn around fairly soon and everything will be fine for all you blokes from the good old days. I don't see much wrong with the debate atm and really, you're sounding like those old men that bleat about "Back in my day sonny jim...". 2005 or 2003 or whatever your favourite year is is over and won't come back. Look forward to the future.

This post may ruffle a few posters feathers but I feel the need to be blunt.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couldn't agree more. It's really unfortunate that we get a few peope making heaps of posts, but essentially contributing very little. Have to admit I get like this at times, wanting to have a say on everything instead of really trying to make top posts.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:blink: Whats with all the yo's?
Is Colin's fave vocab yo know, dawg, keep with the times mayn.
It seems one of these threads pops up every second week and TBH the subject has been beaten to death, you and others who think the same way will just have to get over it. It's a cycle and it will turn around fairly soon and everything will be fine for all you blokes from the good old days. I don't see much wrong with the debate atm and really, you're sounding like those old men that bleat about "Back in my day sonny jim...". 2005 or 2003 or whatever your favourite year is is over and won't come back. Look forward to the future.

This post may ruffle a few posters feathers but I feel the need to be blunt.
Nah, look kid, you just don't understand - CC just ain't what it used to be and that's a fact. Back in the day it were just better than you could ever wish to imagine.

Annnnnnnnnyway, as I've said a fair few times, the forums have always gone through lulls and I actually thought things were picking-up again a couple of months ago, but they quietened-down again a bit later. There's always going to be these, and every time it happens there'll always be the inevitable thought that "it's not as good as it used to be". It will always get better, and it will never stay better forever. Ride the waves.

JBMAC

State Captain
Boy, if none of you guys can't see the problem developing here as it has over the few months then there is a real situation.Take off the blinkers and have a good look

neville cardus

International Debutant
'Sup, dog?

its your boy again & i'm here to say i think Cricket chat has lost the intially swagger of when i first found this joint.
I just dry yo, intially the arguments where brilliant with blokes like TEC, Richard, Faaip, Top Cat, Marc (to a level), Scaly, Scallwag (banned), Jono, C_C, Neil really high-tec & informative as you argued you sort of learned. Now well everyone seems to agree with everyone (Richard talks sense these days) joking here son, hardly any real arguments, some of those mentioned memebers hardly are around or are gone for reasons not sure I myself don't find the urge to come around as often & find myself more in the football section which is bad enough, threads don't have that unique feel where they just drift off.
I remember making a simple ``Who is better Martyn vs Chanderpaul thread`` & it just blew up brilliantly. Currently there is a ``How come England have only won 2 of their 8 test since the Ashes`` now in the past those kind of threads had brilliant arguments.
No doubt maybe people are busy & all but Cricket Chat has definately become poorer of late. But hopefully lads things will get poppin again in this joint. Don't have any real options to fix it i say scrap off-topic too much idle chatter i reckon lets get some real cricket talk going kids....
Naw, Ah ain't been heeah very long, so Ah prob'ly ain't right ta be bustin' mah ass in on yo thread, but Ah dink dere ain't nuttin' wrong wit Cricket Chat. Some o' da mos' robus', innernet-baist debade Ah done has been on heeah, so Ah don' know why yo complaining. Ya' dig, homie? Don' make me shank ya!

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Couldn't agree more. It's really unfortunate that we get a few peope making heaps of posts, but essentially contributing very little. Have to admit I get like this at times, wanting to have a say on everything instead of really trying to make top posts.
Contributing to what?. If the standard is poor what is it that one can contribute,.Cricket chat is not as informative & interactive as before when last have you seen two posters thrash out big argument for pages?. As i said threads that should get those arguments aren't going anywhere thats been going on for a while. Everyone seems to drawn to all those wild off-topic threads.

I'm hoping personally the AUS vs IND series which is having similar pre-series hype to the 2005 Ashes isn't one sided then maybe we could see similar debates to the similar 2005 Ashes series thread..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

Nah, look kid, you just don't understand - CC just ain't what it used to be and that's a fact. Back in the day it were just better than you could ever wish to imagine.

Word out son..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Rip-off from John Cena's vocabulary! :p
Nah, more like Cryme Tyme.

Anyway, part of the reason why Cricket Chat isn't as good as it used to be is a proliferation of threads that aren't about cricket, such as this one. Suggest we get back to discussing cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, there's always been that sort of thing - added to the rubbish like "XI with names beginning with B"; "England XI who scored more than one century with a hand behind their back", etc, etc. I swear, if I had Mod powers for a single day I'd go through forum history and move the whole lot of them into CH. And delete all the spamming rubbish that we get from time to time.

On that subject, is there any reason why this Stedman thread is in here and not in the Fantasy Cricket forum?

I've never been a fan of threads like these ones here, and that's not to pick on one member, there's always been threads of this type. For me, these are something we can well do without. Here's one example from someone else.

Another thing, could someone please merge this with this? Was surprised it wasn't done instantly.

Anyway, this thread is the same sort of thing as this one, and my first post I would repeat now.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
yoyoyo its your boy again & i'm here to say i think Cricket chat has lost the intially swagger of when i first found this joint.

I agree with the sentiment being expressed. It is sad but true. I say it as someone who loves this place. It is not a great place to discuss cricket seriously and maturely anymore. One comes back by sheer habit and in hope I suppose but......

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
...and Richard, with due regard for your undoubted commitment to this place, it would be extremely short sighted to dismiss this out of hand. People who express these sentiments are not necessarily those who are kind of craving for 'good old times'. They are feeling something which they say because they care for this place - the best on the WWW that one has seen. Maybe the CC is not the place to discuss this (one may or may not agree with this too) but it does need to be thought about. Its too important to be just swept aside. CC is too big now to just disappear or go down. Its always going to be there as one of , if not the biggest, chat forums on cricket but the quality of debate is what has made this place so unique and that needs to be looked at.

- An old foggy's two pennies worth.

Craig

World Traveller
'Sup, dog?

Naw, Ah ain't been heeah very long, so Ah prob'ly ain't right ta be bustin' mah ass in on yo thread, but Ah dink dere ain't nuttin' wrong wit Cricket Chat. Some o' da mos' robus', innernet-baist debade Ah done has been on heeah, so Ah don' know why yo complaining. Ya' dig, homie? Don' make me shank ya!
:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
...and Richard, with due regard for your undoubted commitment to this place, it would be extremely short sighted to dismiss this out of hand. People who express these sentiments are not necessarily those who are kind of craving for 'good old times'. They are feeling something which they say because they care for this place - the best on the WWW that one has seen. Maybe the CC is not the place to discuss this (one may or may not agree with this too) but it does need to be thought about. Its too important to be just swept aside. CC is too big now to just disappear or go down. Its always going to be there as one of , if not the biggest, chat forums on cricket but the quality of debate is what has made this place so unique and that needs to be looked at.

- An old foggy's two pennies worth.
tbh, the cricket itself hasn't been AS exciting recently as it has been at times in the past years... And yes, some of the better members leaving or becoming inactive has had a bad effect too. But given all this, I still find that these are still easily the best cricket forums in the net, as far as I know...

Flem274*

123/5

Annnnnnnnnyway, as I've said a fair few times, the forums have always gone through lulls and I actually thought things were picking-up again a couple of months ago, but they quietened-down again a bit later. There's always going to be these, and every time it happens there'll always be the inevitable thought that "it's not as good as it used to be". It will always get better, and it will never stay better forever. Ride the waves.
Well bully for me and my stunted imagination.

TBH you're just going to have to get over it and move on. Instead of bitching and whining about the old days how about you do something constructive and lead the way to making this place better instead? TBH some people are sounding like those old geezers that go on about how great it was in 1950 and things will never be the same blah blah blah why don't they just jump in their coffins already and save my ears? Either do your absolute best to raise the standard of Cricket Chat or just STFU.

Fiery

Banned
Well bully for me and my stunted imagination.

TBH you're just going to have to get over it and move on. Instead of bitching and whining about the old days how about you do something constructive and lead the way to making this place better instead? TBH some people are sounding like those old geezers that go on about how great it was in 1950 and things will never be the same blah blah blah why don't they just jump in their coffins already and save my ears? Either do your absolute best to raise the standard of Cricket Chat or just STFU.
:laugh: AWTA