• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia contracts

brockley

International Captain
As far as I know directly after the S Africa series.
WIth questions over Smith,Warner,Lyon,Starc and Hazelwood the leadership team behind the ball tampering.
Will be interesting if any of these get a contract for next season.

SeamUp

International Coach
Aaah Brockers, you never miss a trick.

Can't see them booting them. Massive fines, bans but nothing over the top.

1. Steve Smith
2. David Warner
3. Nathan Lyon
4. Mitchell Starc
5. Josh Hazlewood

6. Usman Khawaja
7. Shaun Marsh
8. Mitch Marsh
9. Tim Paine
10. Pat Cummins

11. Aaron Finch
12. D'arcy Short
13. Travis Head
14. Glenn Maxwell
15. Marcus Stoinis
16. Billy Stanlake
17. Andrew Tye
18. Jackson Bird

19. Cameron Bancroft
20. Matthew Renshaw
21. Peter Handscomb
22. Alex Carey

Spinners : Agar, Holland, Zampa, Swepson don't deserve anything.
Seamers need to do more : J.Richardson, Sayers

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would imagine they will get contracts but for a year they will be vastly reduced financially as punishment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If there are 22 contracts available, Seam Up the 22 you've named looks bang on.

brockley

International Captain
This was Warners' last chance i'd imagine if they carry through with their threat to Warner,his contract will be torn up.
According to twitter Courier Mail claiming Joe Burns and Mathew Renshaw been told they are on standby for the 4th test.
I gather those 2 would fit into those 20 odd contracts.
I gather Warner will do a Chris Lynn.

Thanks Seam Up.:D

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, this is epic timing tbh.

Actually, removing Smith and Warner from central contracts for a year would be a pretty good punishment.

brockley

International Captain
My list.

1 Burns 2 Renshaw 3 Khawajah 4 Handscomb 5 Maxwell 6 Marsh 7 Marsh 8 Paine 9 Carey 10Lyon 11 Starc 12 Hazelwood 13 Cummins 14 Bird 15 Darcy Short 16 Finch 17 Head 18 Pattinson 19 Richardson 20 Agar.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I don’t understand why CA would roll out a contract for players whom it banned for the exact length of it ! It will be prejudicial to the appeal process and will be directly contradicting Its current stance.

My guess is that their contracts will be put on hold subject to conclusion of the appeal process (or the period of appeal).

brockley

International Captain
Womens' contracts released 2 days ago,so its likely the men's contracts will be released in a couple of days.Also the National Academy Squad intake.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My list.

1 Burns 2 Renshaw 3 Khawajah 4 Handscomb 5 Maxwell 6 Marsh 7 Marsh 8 Paine 9 Carey 10Lyon 11 Starc 12 Hazelwood 13 Cummins 14 Bird 15 Darcy Short 16 Finch 17 Head 18 Pattinson 19 Richardson 20 Agar.
Stoinis will get a spot. Stanlake probably gets another chance too.

With World Cup build up a priority, I think that could put non Test first XI players like Bird without a contract. Tye is a good chance too.

In:Stoinis Stanlake Tye
Out:Handscomb Bird Agar, not certain on Patto tbh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Handscomb is basically Test first XI now though; can't see him missing out.

Last edited: